Automatically send email Weekly/Bi-Weekly - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Automatically send email Weekly/Bi-Weekly - Mozilla ; In Eudora I am able to use Windows Scheduler to automatically send emails using a batch file: ".../Eudora.exe" ".../test.msg", where test.msg is a text file with To: Subject: and body of the email. When I try the same method for ...

  1. Automatically send email Weekly/Bi-Weekly

    In Eudora I am able to use Windows Scheduler to automatically send
    emails using a batch file:
    ".../Eudora.exe" ".../test.msg", where test.msg is a text file with To:
    Subject: and body of the email.

    When I try the same method for Thunderbird ".../Thunderbird.exe"
    ".../test.msg", this does not work.

    Any ideas on how I can automatically schedule messages to be send?

    Thank you very much!

  2. Re: Automatically send email Weekly/Bi-Weekly

    Sue wrote:
    > In Eudora I am able to use Windows Scheduler to automatically send
    > emails using a batch file: ".../Eudora.exe" ".../test.msg", where
    > test.msg is a text file with To: Subject: and body of the email.
    >
    > When I try the same method for Thunderbird ".../Thunderbird.exe"
    > ".../test.msg", this does not work.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I can automatically schedule messages to be send?
    >
    > Thank you very much!

    It's not possible for Thunderbird to read the content of a file that
    contains 'To' , 'Subject' , 'Body of message'
    there is a -compose command for Thunderbird .

    "The -compose command line argument doesn't work correctly in
    Thunderbird 1.5 due to a parsing bug. It generates the compose message
    window but none of the fields are filled in. The only workaround is to
    use a mailto: URL. However, this prevents you from passing an attachment
    due to a security restriction.

    thunderbird -compose
    "mailto:somebody@somewhere?cc=address@provider&subject=hi&body=something"

    This bug was fixed in 1.5.0.2 "