Account checks even if not enabled - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Account checks even if not enabled - Mozilla ; I forget the bug # but I still have accounts that are being checked for incoming mail even if the auto-check is disabled. Seems to happen only on IMAP accounts. -- Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org...

  1. Account checks even if not enabled

    --
    Jay Garcia Netscape/Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org

  2. Re: Account checks even if not enabled

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > I forget the bug # but I still have accounts that are being checked for
    > incoming mail even if the auto-check is disabled. Seems to happen only
    > on IMAP accounts.

    It happens to me too, but only if I have connected to the server once.
    If I don't connect it doesn't do it.

    Actually, I would think thats the correct behavior. If TB is connected
    to the imap server, as soon as an email comes in, it shows up.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Account checks even if not enabled

    Jay Garcia wrote:
    > I forget the bug # but I still have accounts that are being checked for
    > incoming mail even if the auto-check is disabled. Seems to happen only
    > on IMAP accounts.

    Just a guess :
    Goto Tools>Account Settings>Imap Account>Server Settings>Advanced.
    uncheck 'Use IDLE command if the server supports it' option.

+ Reply to Thread