Unable to see photos - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Unable to see photos - Mozilla ; Hello, When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for inserting images in line. Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK If I send this email to myself to verify the ...

  1. Unable to see photos

    Hello,

    When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    inserting images in line.
    Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK

    If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    the images. Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    David

  2. Re: Unable to see photos

    David wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    > inserting images in line.
    > Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK
    >
    > If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    > the images. Any suggestions?
    >

    > Thanks
    >
    > David

    Are you sending in HTML?

  3. Re: Unable to see photos

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    >> inserting images in line.
    >> Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK
    >>
    >> If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    >> the images. Any suggestions?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> David

    > Are you sending in HTML?

    I am sending in plain text.

  4. Re: Unable to see photos

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    >> inserting images in line.
    >> Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK
    >>
    >> If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    >> the images. Any suggestions?
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> David

    > Are you sending in HTML?

    I am sending plain text.

  5. Re: Unable to see photos

    David wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:
    >>> When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    >>> inserting images in line.
    >>> Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK
    >>>
    >>> If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    >>> the images. Any suggestions?

    >> Are you sending in HTML?

    > I am sending plain text.

    You can't insert images inside the text. A plain-text email is what it
    says: plain text.

    You have to attach the images to the email. Thunderbird and most other
    email clients will show attached images at the bottom.

  6. Re: Unable to see photos

    David wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> When composing an email with photos, I will follow this routine for
    >>> inserting images in line.
    >>> Insert >>> Image >>> Choose File >>> Don't use alternate text >>> OK
    >>>
    >>> If I send this email to myself to verify the look, I don't see any of
    >>> the images. Any suggestions?
    >>>

    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> David

    >> Are you sending in HTML?

    > I am sending in plain text.

    Then you didnt send the photos! Plain text is just that plain text!
    To send images inline you need to send in HTML or attach the images as
    attachments

  7. Re: Unable to see photos

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > David wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Are you sending in HTML?

    >> I am sending in plain text.

    > Then you didnt send the photos! Plain text is just that plain text!
    > To send images inline you need to send in HTML or attach the images as
    > attachments

    Thanks for the info. I changed my settings to send both plain and html.
    That solved this issue.

  8. Re: Unable to see photos

    David wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:

    >>> I am sending in plain text.

    >> Then you didnt send the photos! Plain text is just that plain text!
    >> To send images inline you need to send in HTML or attach the images as
    >> attachments

    > Thanks for the info. I changed my settings to send both plain and html.
    > That solved this issue.

    I have had no luck sending images (forwarding, actually) in either,
    except as attachments. Nothing goes, even though the images show in the
    compose window.....

  9. Re: Unable to see photos

    David wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:

    >>> I am sending in plain text.

    >> Then you didnt send the photos! Plain text is just that plain text!
    >> To send images inline you need to send in HTML or attach the images as
    >> attachments

    > Thanks for the info. I changed my settings to send both plain and html.
    > That solved this issue.

    BAD IDEA

    Sending both can double or triple the size of the message for no good
    reason. If a person is reading/accepting HTML then the plain text
    portion is simply waste, if the person is reading plain text, then the
    HTML is waste.

    Do NOT send both.

  10. Re: Unable to see photos

    clay wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the info. I changed my settings to send both plain and
    >>> html. That solved this issue.

    >> BAD IDEA
    >>
    >> Sending both can double or triple the size of the message for no good
    >> reason. If a person is reading/accepting HTML then the plain text
    >> portion is simply waste, if the person is reading plain text, then the
    >> HTML is waste.
    >>

    >> Do NOT send both.

    > News flash:
    > Gore announces wasting electrons causes global warming.
    > (yeh yeh, I know... wastes bandwidth too)

    Why would I want to download a 5mb message to see the 200k plain text
    part? Or - why would I want the 200K plain text if I am never going to
    look at it?

    Over 60% of the world is still on dialup you know, even 50% of the
    United States are still on dialup.

  11. Re: Unable to see photos

    clay wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> David wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the info. I changed my settings to send both plain and
    >>> html. That solved this issue.

    >> BAD IDEA
    >>
    >> Sending both can double or triple the size of the message for no good
    >> reason. If a person is reading/accepting HTML then the plain text
    >> portion is simply waste, if the person is reading plain text, then the
    >> HTML is waste.
    >>

    >> Do NOT send both.

    > News flash:
    > Gore announces wasting electrons causes global warming.
    > (yeh yeh, I know... wastes bandwidth too)

    I suppose in some way this would be true. Takes more bandwidth, which
    consumes more electricity at each router, and certainly consumes more
    storage throughout the system. I use plain text whenever possible.

  12. Re: Unable to see photos

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > clay wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> BAD IDEA
    >>>
    >>> Sending both can double or triple the size of the message for no good
    >>> reason. If a person is reading/accepting HTML then the plain text
    >>> portion is simply waste, if the person is reading plain text, then
    >>> the HTML is waste.
    >>>

    >>> Do NOT send both.

    >> News flash:
    >> Gore announces wasting electrons causes global warming.
    >> (yeh yeh, I know... wastes bandwidth too)
    >>

    > Why would I want to download a 5mb message to see the 200k plain text
    > part? Or - why would I want the 200K plain text if I am never going to
    > look at it?
    >
    > Over 60% of the world is still on dialup you know, even 50% of the
    > United States are still on dialup.

    Well, almost 50%, anyway. I find many people are so used to broadband
    they tend to forget the dialup users and send massive emails with a
    dozen pictures to everyone in their address book. How inconsiderate!

+ Reply to Thread