How to NOT check for new emails of one email account? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How to NOT check for new emails of one email account? - Mozilla ; Hi! I have one email account that do not have a working pop3 access (currently), so, I am interested to NOT check that account for new emails every time I hit the Get Mail button (or the ctrl+t combination) Is ...

  1. How to NOT check for new emails of one email account?

    Hi!

    I have one email account that do not have a working pop3 access
    (currently), so, I am interested to NOT check that account for new
    emails every time I hit the Get Mail button (or the ctrl+t combination)

    Is there any way to achieve this?

    I have unchecked the "Check for new messages every xx minutes", but this
    is for the automated thing... not the manual check...
    any idea?

    TIA, and sorry for the bad english

    luciano

  2. Re: How to NOT check for new emails of one email account?

    Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have one email account that do not have a working pop3 access
    > (currently), so, I am interested to NOT check that account for new
    > emails every time I hit the Get Mail button (or the ctrl+t combination)
    >
    > Is there any way to achieve this?
    >
    > I have unchecked the "Check for new messages every xx minutes", but this
    > is for the automated thing... not the manual check...
    > any idea?
    >

    > TIA, and sorry for the bad english
    >
    > luciano

    If you are using the Global Inbox, do the following:

    Go to Tools >> Account Settings.

    On the left side, you will see a list of your accounts. Under the
    account in question, click on "Server Settings". Near the bottom on the
    right side, click on the button labeled "Advanced".

    UN-check the box labeled "Include this server when getting new mail".

    --
    Alex K.

  3. Re: How to NOT check for new emails of one email account?

    Alex K. wrote:
    > [...]
    > UN-check the box labeled "Include this server when getting new mail".

    Note that it's grayed out if you have "Inbox for this server's account"
    selected. Dunno why; it doesn't make sense.

  4. Re: How to NOT check for new emails of one email account?

    Alex K. ha escrito lo siguiente el 01/11/2006 11:20:
    > Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >>
    >> I have one email account that do not have a working pop3 access
    >> (currently), so, I am interested to NOT check that account for new
    >> emails every time I hit the Get Mail button (or the ctrl+t combination)
    >>
    >> Is there any way to achieve this?
    >>
    >> I have unchecked the "Check for new messages every xx minutes", but this
    >> is for the automated thing... not the manual check...
    >> any idea?
    >>

    >> TIA, and sorry for the bad english
    >>
    >> luciano

    > If you are using the Global Inbox, do the following:
    >
    > Go to Tools >> Account Settings.
    >
    > On the left side, you will see a list of your accounts. Under the
    > account in question, click on "Server Settings". Near the bottom on the
    > right side, click on the button labeled "Advanced".
    >
    > UN-check the box labeled "Include this server when getting new mail".

    Thanks a lot Alex!

    luciano

  5. Re: How to NOT check for new emails of one email account?

    Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
    > Alex K. ha escrito lo siguiente el 01/11/2006 11:20:
    >> Luciano A. Ferrer wrote:
    >>> Hi!
    >>>
    >>> I have one email account that do not have a working pop3 access
    >>> (currently), so, I am interested to NOT check that account for new
    >>> emails every time I hit the Get Mail button (or the ctrl+t combination)
    >>>
    >>> Is there any way to achieve this?
    >>>
    >>> I have unchecked the "Check for new messages every xx minutes", but this
    >>> is for the automated thing... not the manual check...
    >>> any idea?
    >>>

    >>> TIA, and sorry for the bad english
    >>>
    >>> luciano

    >> If you are using the Global Inbox, do the following:
    >>
    >> Go to Tools >> Account Settings.
    >>
    >> On the left side, you will see a list of your accounts. Under the
    >> account in question, click on "Server Settings". Near the bottom on the
    >> right side, click on the button labeled "Advanced".
    >>
    >> UN-check the box labeled "Include this server when getting new mail".

    > Thanks a lot Alex!
    >

    > luciano

    You're quite welcome.

    --