Email Newsgroup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Email Newsgroup - Mozilla ; Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?...

  1. Email Newsgroup

    Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

  2. Re: Email Newsgroup

    garth wrote:
    > Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    For the same reason you can't watch a movie DVD in your refrigerator.

    It may look a bit like email (OK, a LOT like email), but it isn't. Go
    to Wikipedia and look-up "Usenet" for the details.

  3. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Nick wrote:
    > garth wrote:
    >> Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    > For the same reason you can't watch a movie DVD in your refrigerator.
    >
    > It may look a bit like email (OK, a LOT like email), but it isn't. Go
    > to Wikipedia and look-up "Usenet" for the details.

    I'm taking about initial posts.

  4. Re: Email Newsgroup

    garth wrote:
    > Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    are you talking about this feature :
    Select the post , right click > Edit as new

  5. Re: Email Newsgroup

    garth wrote:
    > Nick wrote:
    >> garth wrote:
    >>> Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    >> For the same reason you can't watch a movie DVD in your refrigerator.
    >>
    >> It may look a bit like email (OK, a LOT like email), but it isn't. Go
    >> to Wikipedia and look-up "Usenet" for the details.

    > I'm taking about initial posts.

    You want to "send initial newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup"?
    I don't understand :P

  6. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Nir wrote:
    > garth wrote:
    >> Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    > are you talking about this feature :
    > Select the post , right click > Edit as new

    I've tried that?

  7. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Garth wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> garth wrote:
    >>> Why can't I send newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup?

    >> are you talking about this feature : Select the post , right click
    >> > Edit as new

    > I've tried that?

    sorry , don't know what you want to mean, please clearly mention the
    problem which you are facing

  8. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Nir wrote:
    > Garth wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:
    >>>
    >>> are you talking about this feature : Select the post , right click

    >> I've tried that?

    > sorry , don't know what you want to mean, please clearly mention the
    > problem which you are facing

    I'd like to be able to change the name of a post and any sub-posts
    linked to it.

  9. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Garth wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Garth wrote:

    /snip/

    > I'd like to be able to change the name of a post and any sub-posts
    > linked to it.

    That's not possible.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  10. Re: Email Newsgroup

    On 31.10.2006 04:37, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Garth to
    generate the following:? :

    >Nir wrote:
    >

    >>Garth wrote:

    >>>I've tried that?
    >>>

    >>sorry , don't know what you want to mean, please clearly mention the
    >>problem which you are facing
    >>

    >I'd like to be able to change the name of a post and any sub-posts
    >linked to it.

    all posts to a newsgroup are stored on the NG Server.... you as User, do
    not have editing access to the NG server

    reg

  11. Re: Email Newsgroup

    "squaredancer" wrote
    > all posts to a newsgroup are stored on the NG Server.... you as User, do
    > not have editing access to the NG server

    Not to mention the thousands of NG servers his server propagates to.

    --
    Jordon

  12. Re: Email Newsgroup

    garth:

    You only can if you are sending messages to a mailinglist that is connected
    to a newsgroup.
    Floor

  13. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Nick wrote:
    > garth wrote:
    >> Nick wrote:
    >>>
    >>> For the same reason you can't watch a movie DVD in your refrigerator.
    >>>
    >>> It may look a bit like email (OK, a LOT like email), but it isn't.
    >>> Go to Wikipedia and look-up "Usenet" for the details.

    >> I'm taking about initial posts.

    > You want to "send initial newsgroup posts as emails to the newsgroup"? I
    > don't understand :P

    I want to right click on a newsgroup and have a menu to compose a new post.

  14. Re: Email Newsgroup

    _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 2:46 AM:
    > I want to right click on a newsgroup and have a menu to compose a new post.

    Closest to that, is selecting a newsgroup (thus letting it open in the
    message list pane), and then clicking on "Write".
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  15. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 2:46 AM:
    >> I want to right click on a newsgroup and have a menu to compose a new post.

    > Closest to that, is selecting a newsgroup (thus letting it open in the
    > message list pane), and then clicking on "Write".

    Close, but not close enough.

  16. Re: Email Newsgroup

    _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 11:20 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 2:46 AM:
    >>> I want to right click on a newsgroup and have a menu to compose a new
    >>> post.

    >> Closest to that, is selecting a newsgroup (thus letting it open in the
    >> message list pane), and then clicking on "Write".

    > Close, but not close enough.

    Then I'm afraid there's no way to do it; sorry.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  17. Re: Email Newsgroup

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 11:20 PM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> _garth_ spoke thusly on 02/11/2006 2:46 AM:
    >>> Closest to that, is selecting a newsgroup (thus letting it open in the
    >>> message list pane), and then clicking on "Write".

    >> Close, but not close enough.

    > Then I'm afraid there's no way to do it; sorry.

    Some day maybe if someone wants it besides me.

+ Reply to Thread