Default to BCC - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Default to BCC - Mozilla ; I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the mails MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my address book, and have the appropriate templates set up to work with, but I ...

  1. Default to BCC

    I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the mails
    MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my address book,
    and have the appropriate templates set up to work with, but I can't find
    a way to make either the list or the template default to BCC.

    Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to either: 1) Set a
    list to default to BCC; 2) Make a template default to BCC; or 3) Set
    up some sort of outgoing intercept that would automatically change it to
    a BCC?

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    -Gerry Seymour

  2. Re: Default to BCC

    On 28.10.2006 16:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gerry Seymour
    to generate the following:? :

    >I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the mails
    >MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my address book,
    >and have the appropriate templates set up to work with, but I can't find
    >a way to make either the list or the template default to BCC.
    >
    >Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to either: 1) Set a
    > list to default to BCC; 2) Make a template default to BCC; or 3) Set
    >up some sort of outgoing intercept that would automatically change it to
    >a BCC?
    >
    >Thanks in advance for any help!
    >
    >-Gerry Seymour

    dunno if this works with newsgroups, but you can try....

    double-click the list-name to get it into the "To:" address-line
    click the dropdown arrow in the letf-hand column and select BCC

    try it and let us know if it works!

    reg

  3. Re: Default to BCC

    squaredancer wrote:
    > On 28.10.2006 16:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gerry Seymour
    > to generate the following:? :
    >
    >> I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the
    >> mails MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my address
    >> book, and have the appropriate templates set up to work with, but I
    >> can't find a way to make either the list or the template default to BCC.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to either: 1) Set
    >> a list to default to BCC; 2) Make a template default to BCC; or 3)
    >> Set up some sort of outgoing intercept that would automatically change
    >> it to a BCC?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance for any help!
    >>
    >> -Gerry Seymour
    >>

    > dunno if this works with newsgroups, but you can try....
    >
    > double-click the list-name to get it into the "To:" address-line
    > click the dropdown arrow in the letf-hand column and select BCC
    >
    > try it and let us know if it works!
    >
    > reg

    Well, he's not asking about newsgroups, he's asking about email lists.

    Also, it would seem he knows how to set a BCC, he wants to find a way to
    make it the default setting.

    I wish I had an answer, but I'm afraid this isn't it.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  4. Re: Default to BCC

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> On 28.10.2006 16:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gerry
    >> Seymour to generate the following:? :
    >>
    >>> I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the
    >>> mails MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my
    >>> address book, and have the appropriate templates set up to work with,
    >>> but I can't find a way to make either the list or the template
    >>> default to BCC.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to either: 1)
    >>> Set a list to default to BCC; 2) Make a template default to BCC; or
    >>> 3) Set up some sort of outgoing intercept that would automatically
    >>> change it to a BCC?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance for any help!
    >>>
    >>> -Gerry Seymour
    >>>

    >> dunno if this works with newsgroups, but you can try....
    >>
    >> double-click the list-name to get it into the "To:" address-line
    >> click the dropdown arrow in the letf-hand column and select BCC
    >>
    >> try it and let us know if it works!
    >>
    >> reg

    > Well, he's not asking about newsgroups, he's asking about email lists.
    >
    > Also, it would seem he knows how to set a BCC, he wants to find a way to
    > make it the default setting.
    >
    > I wish I had an answer, but I'm afraid this isn't it.
    >
    > Lee

    Either in mail or newsgroups.

    Hit compose or reply, it default to TO: enter an address, hit return,
    change to BCC: every address you add now will come preset with a BCC:
    entry.

    A message should never be sent without a TO: address, some ISPs in fact
    will trash/can the message just for that in fact (early anti-spam).

    So, hit compose or reply: Enter a To Address, if nothing else use your
    own. hit return, change address to BCC: enter an address hit return,
    another BCC: comes up.

    Since you always should have a TO: address anyway, the way it works is
    quite sufficient.

  5. Re: Default to BCC

    On 10/28/2006 10:40 AM Gerry Seymour ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > I need to send mail to certain groups on a regular basis, and the mails
    > MUST use BCC for all addresses. I've created lists in my address book,
    > and have the appropriate templates set up to work with, but I can't find
    > a way to make either the list or the template default to BCC.
    >
    > Does anyone have a solution for this? Is there a way to either: 1) Set a
    > list to default to BCC; 2) Make a template default to BCC; or 3) Set up
    > some sort of outgoing intercept that would automatically change it to a
    > BCC?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help!
    >
    > -Gerry Seymour

    Try the "Add to BCC" extension available here:

    http://www.supportware.net/mozilla/

    Adds a button to your contact list in the Compose Window. Click the
    button -- Click your mail list et voila!

    --
    Jim

    "It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no
    distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
    -Mark Twain

  6. Re: Default to BCC

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> squaredancer wrote:
    >>> On 28.10.2006 16:40, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Gerry
    >>> Seymour to generate the following:? :

    >>> dunno if this works with newsgroups, but you can try....
    >>>
    >>> double-click the list-name to get it into the "To:" address-line
    >>> click the dropdown arrow in the letf-hand column and select BCC
    >>>
    >>> try it and let us know if it works!
    >>>
    >>> reg

    >> Well, he's not asking about newsgroups, he's asking about email lists.
    >>
    >> Also, it would seem he knows how to set a BCC, he wants to find a way
    >> to make it the default setting.
    >>
    >> I wish I had an answer, but I'm afraid this isn't it.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Either in mail or newsgroups.
    >

    > Hit compose or reply, it default to TO: enter an address, hit return,
    > change to BCC: every address you add now will come preset with a BCC:
    > entry.
    >
    > A message should never be sent without a TO: address, some ISPs in fact
    > will trash/can the message just for that in fact (early anti-spam).
    >
    > So, hit compose or reply: Enter a To Address, if nothing else use your
    > own. hit return, change address to BCC: enter an address hit return,
    > another BCC: comes up.
    >
    > Since you always should have a TO: address anyway, the way it works is
    > quite sufficient.

    Can you get BCC in Gmail?

  7. Re: Default to BCC

    garth wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Well, he's not asking about newsgroups, he's asking about email lists.
    >>>
    >>> Also, it would seem he knows how to set a BCC, he wants to find a way
    >>> to make it the default setting.
    >>>
    >>> I wish I had an answer, but I'm afraid this isn't it.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> Either in mail or newsgroups.
    >>

    >> Hit compose or reply, it default to TO: enter an address, hit return,
    >> change to BCC: every address you add now will come preset with a BCC:
    >> entry.
    >>
    >> A message should never be sent without a TO: address, some ISPs in
    >> fact will trash/can the message just for that in fact (early anti-spam).
    >>
    >> So, hit compose or reply: Enter a To Address, if nothing else use your
    >> own. hit return, change address to BCC: enter an address hit return,
    >> another BCC: comes up.
    >>
    >> Since you always should have a TO: address anyway, the way it works is
    >> quite sufficient.

    > Can you get BCC in Gmail?

    I dont use Gmail

  8. Re: Default to BCC

    garth wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Well, he's not asking about newsgroups, he's asking about email lists.
    >>>
    >>> Also, it would seem he knows how to set a BCC, he wants to find a way
    >>> to make it the default setting.
    >>>
    >>> I wish I had an answer, but I'm afraid this isn't it.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> Either in mail or newsgroups.
    >>

    >> Hit compose or reply, it default to TO: enter an address, hit return,
    >> change to BCC: every address you add now will come preset with a BCC:
    >> entry.
    >>
    >> A message should never be sent without a TO: address, some ISPs in
    >> fact will trash/can the message just for that in fact (early anti-spam).
    >>
    >> So, hit compose or reply: Enter a To Address, if nothing else use your
    >> own. hit return, change address to BCC: enter an address hit return,
    >> another BCC: comes up.
    >>
    >> Since you always should have a TO: address anyway, the way it works is
    >> quite sufficient.

    > Can you get BCC in Gmail?

    This is supposed to be a Thunderbird support group. Yes you can use BCC
    in Gmail on its web interface:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...e=f&ctx=search

    To make a desperate effort to get this at least a little on topic, you
    can also set up Gmail in Thunderbird, and use any Thunderbird tool:

    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...343&topic=1555

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  9. Re: Default to BCC

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > garth wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    >>> Either in mail or newsgroups.
    >>>

    >>> Hit compose or reply, it default to TO: enter an address, hit return,
    >>> change to BCC: every address you add now will come preset with a
    >>> BCC: entry.
    >>>
    >>> A message should never be sent without a TO: address, some ISPs in
    >>> fact will trash/can the message just for that in fact (early anti-spam).
    >>>
    >>> So, hit compose or reply: Enter a To Address, if nothing else use
    >>> your own. hit return, change address to BCC: enter an address hit
    >>> return, another BCC: comes up.
    >>>
    >>> Since you always should have a TO: address anyway, the way it works
    >>> is quite sufficient.

    >> Can you get BCC in Gmail?

    > This is supposed to be a Thunderbird support group. Yes you can use BCC
    > in Gmail on its web interface:
    >
    > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...e=f&ctx=search
    >

    > To make a desperate effort to get this at least a little on topic, you
    > can also set up Gmail in Thunderbird, and use any Thunderbird tool:
    >
    > http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...343&topic=1555
    >
    > Lee

    How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in the
    reply?

  10. Re: Default to BCC

    garth wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> garth wrote:

    /snip/

    > How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in the
    > reply?

    Watermark??

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  11. Re: Default to BCC

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > garth wrote:

    > /snip/
    >>
    >> How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in the
    >> reply?

    > Watermark??
    >
    > Lee

    Yes the information that appears under your name.

  12. Re: Default to BCC

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > garth wrote:

    > /snip/
    >>
    >> How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in the
    >> reply?

    > Watermark??
    >
    > Lee

    I think Garth has mentioned about Signature

  13. Re: Default to BCC

    On 11/3/2006 1:32 AM garth ,sat at the keyboard and poured forth:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> garth wrote:

    >> /snip/
    >>>
    >>> How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in
    >>> the reply?

    >> Watermark??
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Yes the information that appears under your name.

    I take it you are referring to Lee's Signature block. It is a simple
    text file which is automatically inserted (Tools>Account
    Settings>Account>Attach this Signature) along with a delineator
    ( --)that strips it from the reply. It can say anything you like.
    There are also Extensions that insert random signatures from a list,
    such as mine.

    --
    Jim

    "It is no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase 'As
    pretty as an Airport' appear."
    -Douglas Adams

  14. Re: Default to BCC

    On 03/11/2006 05:31, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Leonidas Jones
    to generate the following:? :

    >garth wrote:

    >/snip/
    >

    >>How do you put your watermark on the page yet it doesn't appear in the
    >>reply?
    >>

    >Watermark??
    >
    >Lee

    oh god! he means your "sig" - doesn't know the basics, but fiddles with
    alpha versions....

    looks like I'll have to define a filter.... :-(

    reg

+ Reply to Thread