MAPI??? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on MAPI??? - Mozilla ; OpenOffice.org has a couple of commands that can send the document it has open as an email. They work with some setups but not with mine. A person on their mailing list wrote: This is probably a problem of your ...

  1. MAPI???

    OpenOffice.org has a couple of commands that can send the document it
    has open as an email. They work with some setups but not with mine.

    A person on their mailing list wrote:

    This is probably a problem of your mail client. A "standard mail
    client" has two
    meanings on Windows:

    - standard program for "mailto:"
    - MAPI client

    OOo uses the latter so possibly there is something wrong in your MAPI
    configuration.

    Does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible TB configuration I
    have wrong? *mail.use_mapi_server* is set TRUE.

    TB is the default Windows XP Pro email client.

    Thanks.

    --

    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a
    pool...
    --Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

  2. Re: MAPI???

    Pete Holsberg wrote in
    la.org:

    > OpenOffice.org has a couple of commands that can send the
    > document it has open as an email. They work with some setups
    > but not with mine.
    >
    > A person on their mailing list wrote:
    >
    > This is probably a problem of your mail client. A
    > "standard mail client" has two
    > meanings on Windows:
    >
    > - standard program for "mailto:"
    > - MAPI client
    >
    > OOo uses the latter so possibly there is something wrong
    > in your MAPI configuration.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible TB
    > configuration I have wrong? *mail.use_mapi_server* is set
    > TRUE.
    >
    > TB is the default Windows XP Pro email client.
    >
    > Thanks.

    WFM. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Double check
    that TB is the default client in Programs tab of your Internet
    Options dialogue in Control Panel.

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    Be kind to your inferiors, if you can find any.

  3. Re: MAPI???

    Christopher Jahn wrote:

    > Pete Holsberg wrote in
    > la.org:
    >
    >> OpenOffice.org has a couple of commands that can send the
    >> document it has open as an email. They work with some setups
    >> but not with mine.
    >>
    >> A person on their mailing list wrote:
    >>
    >> This is probably a problem of your mail client. A
    >> "standard mail client" has two
    >> meanings on Windows:
    >>
    >> - standard program for "mailto:"
    >> - MAPI client
    >>
    >> OOo uses the latter so possibly there is something wrong
    >> in your MAPI configuration.
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible TB
    >> configuration I have wrong? *mail.use_mapi_server* is set
    >> TRUE.
    >>
    >> TB is the default Windows XP Pro email client.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > WFM. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Double check
    > that TB is the default client in Programs tab of your Internet
    > Options dialogue in Control Panel.

    Double and triple-checked.

  4. Re: MAPI???

    Pete Holsberg wrote in
    la.org:

    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote in
    >> zil la.org:
    >>
    >>> OpenOffice.org has a couple of commands that can send the
    >>> document it has open as an email. They work with some setups
    >>> but not with mine.
    >>>
    >>> A person on their mailing list wrote:
    >>>
    >>> This is probably a problem of your mail client. A
    >>> "standard mail client" has two
    >>> meanings on Windows:
    >>>
    >>> - standard program for "mailto:"
    >>> - MAPI client
    >>>
    >>> OOo uses the latter so possibly there is something wrong
    >>> in your MAPI configuration.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone have any suggestions as to a possible TB
    >>> configuration I have wrong? *mail.use_mapi_server* is set
    >>> TRUE.
    >>>
    >>> TB is the default Windows XP Pro email client.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>

    >> WFM. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Double
    >> check that TB is the default client in Programs tab of your
    >> Internet Options dialogue in Control Panel.

    > Double and triple-checked.

    Well, I know for a fact that I haven't tweaked my registry OR TB.
    OO worked "out of the box."

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    You can't lick the system, but you can certainly give it a damn
    good fondling...

  5. Re: MAPI???

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > Christopher Jahn wrote:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:

    >> WFM. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. Double check that TB
    >> is the default client in Programs tab of your Internet Options
    >> dialogue in Control Panel.

    > Double and triple-checked.

    Works for me as well, with OO 1.1.0 and TB 1.5.0.7 on XP. You
    could try to set TB not as default as then back as default. There
    are several alternative ways to do that, and they should all have
    the same effect, but who knows...
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client#Windows

  6. Re: MAPI???

    Telmo Amaral wrote:
    > Works for me as well, with OO 1.1.0 and TB 1.5.0.7 on XP. You could
    > try to set TB not as default as then back as default. There are
    > several alternative ways to do that, and they should all have the same
    > effect, but who knows...
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_mail_client#Windows

    Tried everything there. TB is default but still no joy.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does this
    taste funny to you?"

  7. Re: MAPI???

    Pete Holsberg wrote in
    la.org:

    > Two cannibals are eating a clown. One says to the other: "Does
    > this taste funny to you?"

    A cannibal captures a journalist and takes him home to his wife
    so she can cook him. A little while later he finds her stirring
    the big cookpot, so he asks "Is it scoop yet?"

    --
    }:-) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://home.comcast.net/~xjahn/Main.html

    I haven't lost my mind; it's back up on tape somewhere.

+ Reply to Thread