What is an illeagal subcription? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What is an illeagal subcription? - Mozilla ; Hi,It is my first day using thunderbird. When I add new RSS by entering URL address via to my news and blog, it is always shown error messsage as illeagal collection£º 1. Why can not I entry URL address such ...

  1. What is an illeagal subcription?

    Hi,It is my first day using thunderbird.
    When I add new RSS by entering URL address via to my news and blog, it is
    always shown error messsage as illeagal collection£º

    1. Why can not I entry URL address such as http://news.yahoo.com/rss by
    copy&paste£šinstead of handtyping)£¿
    2. What is an illeagal subscription and what can I do with this?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: What is an illeagal subcription?

    GWang wrote:
    > Hi,It is my first day using thunderbird.
    > When I add new RSS by entering URL address via to my news and blog, it is
    > always shown error messsage as illeagal collection£º
    >
    > 1. Why can not I entry URL address such as http://news.yahoo.com/rss by
    > copy&paste£šinstead of handtyping)£¿
    > 2. What is an illeagal subscription and what can I do with this?

    1. I believe, based on past posts, that if you use ctrl-v, the keyboard
    shortcut for paste, it will paste correctly. The known problem is with
    trying to use the context menu (left-click). As you have found, it
    doesn't work.

    2. The URL you quoted, http://news.yahoo.com/rss, is a just page that
    lists the various RSS feeds. I believe you need to copy the link to the
    feed you want & paste that in.

    For example,to add the Top Stories feed:

    Using your web browser, go to http://news.yahoo.com/rss

    Right-click on the orange RSS box to the right of "Top Stories".

    Click on "Copy Link Location".

    Use ctrl-v to paste that link into the Feed URL line in TB.

    I just tried that & it worked fine for me.

    --
    Alex

  3. Re: What is an illeagal subcription?

    On 09/26/2006 04:00 AM, GWang wrote:
    > Hi,It is my first day using thunderbird.
    > When I add new RSS by entering URL address via to my news and blog, it is
    > always shown error messsage as illeagal collection£º
    >
    > 1. Why can not I entry URL address such as http://news.yahoo.com/rss by
    > copy&paste£šinstead of handtyping)£¿
    > 2. What is an illeagal subscription and what can I do with this?
    >
    > Thanks!

    You might have accidentally copied a newline character into the URL.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

+ Reply to Thread