News groups subscriptions - Mozilla

This is a discussion on News groups subscriptions - Mozilla ; I have two groups of newsgroups, one for microsoft and one for mozilla - the mozilla part works fine, but the microsoft part keeps asking me if I want to subscribe. I click yes, but the next time, it asks ...

  1. News groups subscriptions

    I have two groups of newsgroups, one for microsoft and one for mozilla -
    the mozilla part works fine, but the microsoft part keeps asking me if I
    want to subscribe. I click yes, but the next time, it asks if I want to
    subscribe. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
    --

    Regards,

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

    P D Sterling wrote:
    > I have two groups of newsgroups, one for microsoft and one for mozilla -
    > the mozilla part works fine, but the microsoft part keeps asking me if I
    > want to subscribe. I click yes, but the next time, it asks if I want to
    > subscribe. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

    The first thought is to close TB, then navigate to your profile folder,
    the News folder, and delete the msf file associated with the problem
    account.

    When you go back to TB, you will be prompted to download messages again.
    Do so, and see if things improve.

    The other option would be to unsubscribe, then resubscribe. It would
    accomplish much the same thing.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > P D Sterling wrote:
    >> I have two groups of newsgroups, one for microsoft and one for mozilla -
    >> the mozilla part works fine, but the microsoft part keeps asking me if I
    >> want to subscribe. I click yes, but the next time, it asks if I want to
    >> subscribe. Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

    > The first thought is to close TB, then navigate to your profile folder,
    > the News folder, and delete the msf file associated with the problem
    > account.
    >
    > When you go back to TB, you will be prompted to download messages again.
    > Do so, and see if things improve.
    >
    > The other option would be to unsubscribe, then resubscribe. It would
    > accomplish much the same thing.
    >
    > Lee

    the 3rd option is to remove the account. Close TB, and remove all the
    left over files in the news section of the profile. Then restart TB
    and reset everything up again

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."

  4. Re: News groups subscriptions

    _P D Sterling_ spoke thusly on 22/09/2006 9:33 PM:

    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...e3268fce7a1bb2
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator