Address Book search options limited - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address Book search options limited - Mozilla ; In Thunderbird's toolbar search window, you can choose the fields you want to search, such as sender, or the entire message. However, even though the address book has an arrow below the magnifying glass suggesting there is a drop-down menu, ...

  1. Address Book search options limited

    In Thunderbird's toolbar search window, you can choose the fields you
    want to search, such as sender, or the entire message. However, even
    though the address book has an arrow below the magnifying glass
    suggesting there is a drop-down menu, there are no search options
    available, other than name or email. Does anyone know how to list the
    same options as are available for email messages?

    Many thanks,

    Wayne Clark

  2. Re: Address Book search options limited

    Wayne Clark wrote:
    > .... even though the address book has an arrow below the
    > magnifying glass suggesting there is a drop-down menu, there
    > are no search options available, other than name or email. ....

    I think 'Name or Email' is really the only option available in the
    Search Bar. If you need more powerful (though less handy as well)
    search capabilities, you can use Edit | Search Addresses or
    Ctrl+Shift+F.

+ Reply to Thread