Number of messages in each folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Number of messages in each folder - Mozilla ; Hi, I'm new to Thunderbird, which I installed only this morning. Differently from Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.7.13, Thunderbird 1.5 does not show the total number of messages in a folder, but only, between parentheses, the number of unread messages, ...

  1. Number of messages in each folder

    Hi,

    I'm new to Thunderbird, which I installed only this morning.

    Differently from Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.7.13, Thunderbird 1.5
    does not show the total number of messages in a folder, but only,
    between parentheses, the number of unread messages, if there are
    any. Is there any option available that permits me to see the number
    of read messages too?

    Thanks in advance for your help,
    Wolfgang

  2. Re: Number of messages in each folder

    On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:09:22 UTC, I wrote:
    > [...]
    > Differently from Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.7.13, Thunderbird 1.5
    > does not show the total number of messages in a folder, but only,
    > between parentheses, the number of unread messages, if there are
    > any. Is there any option available that permits me to see the number
    > of read messages too?

    I have just seen that the topic has already been this morning.
    Following the reply of Leonidas Jones, I fixed the thing. I
    apologize for having written before controlling the previous
    threads.

    Wolfgang

  3. Re: Number of messages in each folder

    Wolfgang wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm new to Thunderbird, which I installed only this morning.
    >
    > Differently from Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.7.13, Thunderbird 1.5
    > does not show the total number of messages in a folder, but only,
    > between parentheses, the number of unread messages, if there are
    > any. Is there any option available that permits me to see the number
    > of read messages too?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help,
    > Wolfgang

    This question is starting to come up a lot! Here is the path on Windows

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced

    Check the box for Show expanded columns in the folder pane.

    Then, click on the icon that now appears at the top right of the Folder
    Pane. Select Total.

    The total number of messages for each folder/group will now appear at
    the right of the Folder Pane.

    For a Mac, the path is Thunderbird>>Preferences, on Linux its
    Edit>>Preferences.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  4. Re: Number of messages in each folder

    Wolfgang wrote:
    > On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 13:09:22 UTC, I wrote:
    >> [...]
    >> Differently from Netscape 7.1 and Mozilla 1.7.13, Thunderbird 1.5
    >> does not show the total number of messages in a folder, but only,
    >> between parentheses, the number of unread messages, if there are
    >> any. Is there any option available that permits me to see the number
    >> of read messages too?

    > I have just seen that the topic has already been this morning.
    > Following the reply of Leonidas Jones, I fixed the thing. I
    > apologize for having written before controlling the previous
    > threads.
    >
    > Wolfgang

    No problem, I'm glad you've got it working!

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread