Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Also unsent messages question - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Also unsent messages question - Mozilla ; I have just migrated my email client from Netscape 7.2 to Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Installed OK and everything is up and running satisfactory. However, in Netscape the folder panel showed the number of unread and total messages in columns for each ...

  1. Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Also unsent messages question

    I have just migrated my email client from Netscape 7.2 to Thunderbird
    1.5.0.7

    Installed OK and everything is up and running satisfactory.

    However, in Netscape the folder panel showed the number
    of unread and total messages in columns for each folder
    and Thunderbird is only showing the unread number in
    parenthesis.

    The info is still there at the bottom right on the status bar
    for the current folder, but it is not all out at once on the folder
    panel.

    Not a deal-killer by any means, but is there some option or
    reliable extension that will give me back this feature?

    Also when I start up Thunderbird, if there are any messages in the
    unsent
    folder I would like to prompted whether to send them, as with Netscape.

    Can I get it to do this?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Alsounsent messages question

    Meeker Morgan wrote:
    > I have just migrated my email client from Netscape 7.2 to Thunderbird
    > 1.5.0.7
    >
    > Installed OK and everything is up and running satisfactory.
    >
    > However, in Netscape the folder panel showed the number
    > of unread and total messages in columns for each folder
    > and Thunderbird is only showing the unread number in
    > parenthesis.
    >
    > The info is still there at the bottom right on the status bar
    > for the current folder, but it is not all out at once on the folder
    > panel.
    >
    > Not a deal-killer by any means, but is there some option or
    > reliable extension that will give me back this feature?
    >

    > Also when I start up Thunderbird, if there are any messages in the
    > unsent
    > folder I would like to prompted whether to send them, as with Netscape.
    >

    > Can I get it to do this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General

    Check the box for Show expanded columns in the folder pane.

    Close Options. Click on the icon that now appears on the right of the
    Folder Pane. Choose Total and the total messages in that folder. will
    appear at the right of the pane.

    Since I'm always on line, I don't use it, but try the same dialog:

    Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>Offline and Disk Space

    Check out the settings there and see what suits you.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Alsounsent messages question

    T-bird Leader Meeker Morgan radioed the tower On 9/21/2006 7:38 PM:

    > I have just migrated my email client from Netscape 7.2 to Thunderbird
    > 1.5.0.7
    >
    > Installed OK and everything is up and running satisfactory.
    >
    > However, in Netscape the folder panel showed the number
    > of unread and total messages in columns for each folder
    > and Thunderbird is only showing the unread number in
    > parenthesis.
    >
    > The info is still there at the bottom right on the status bar
    > for the current folder, but it is not all out at once on the folder
    > panel.
    >
    > Not a deal-killer by any means, but is there some option or
    > reliable extension that will give me back this feature?
    >

    > Also when I start up Thunderbird, if there are any messages in the
    > unsent
    > folder I would like to prompted whether to send them, as with Netscape.
    >

    > Can I get it to do this?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Tbird has a user option that can activate more columns in the folder pane.
    For windows users go through Tools menu > Options > Advanced tab and check
    expanded columns in folder pane.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  4. Re: Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Also unsent messages question

    Leonidas Jones wrote:

    > Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General
    >
    > Check the box for Show expanded columns in the folder pane.

    Thank you. That did the trick.

    The other problem was actually a mix up about where the
    unsent messages were supposed to be put.

  5. Re: Folder panel only shows unread count for each folder -- Alsounsent messages question

    Meeker Morgan wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Tools>>Options>>Advanced>>General
    >>
    >> Check the box for Show expanded columns in the folder pane.
    >>

    > Thank you. That did the trick.
    >
    > The other problem was actually a mix up about where the
    > unsent messages were supposed to be put.

    I'm very glad its working for you. Please come back should you have any
    more problems.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org