openldap setup - Mozilla

This is a discussion on openldap setup - Mozilla ; Hello, I'm using thunderbird for ages now, and just realized it can use ldap as an addressbook. I already have an openldap installed on my server, but I can't figure out what kind of tree do I have to create ...

  1. openldap setup

    Hello,

    I'm using thunderbird for ages now, and just realized it can use ldap as
    an addressbook. I already have an openldap installed on my server, but I
    can't figure out what kind of tree do I have to create which TB can use.
    Could someone send me a small example-dump for it?

    Regards,
    Gergely

  2. Re: openldap setup

    Polonkai Gergely wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm using thunderbird for ages now, and just realized it can use ldap as
    > an addressbook. I already have an openldap installed on my server, but I
    > can't figure out what kind of tree do I have to create which TB can use.
    > Could someone send me a small example-dump for it?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gergely

    may be this page will be helpful :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/LDAP_access_via_Address_Book

  3. Re: openldap setup

    I can set it up, but I can insert anything into the ldap tree,
    thunderbird won't see that as an entry. How can I add an entry to it then?