Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder - Mozilla ; Running TB 1.5.0.7 with Talkback, Launchy & Delete Junk Context Menu extensions and default theme on Win XP HE. I have a bunch of POP accounts (some on the same domain and some on other domains) loaded in TB. On ...

  1. Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder

    Running TB 1.5.0.7 with Talkback, Launchy & Delete Junk Context
    Menu extensions and default theme on Win XP HE.

    I have a bunch of POP accounts (some on the same domain and some
    on other domains) loaded in TB. On all accounts except one,
    deleted messages go into the Trash folder. On that one account,
    the message is deleted and the Trash folder is bypassed.
    These messages are not coded as junk.

    For the life of me, I can not recall what I may have done to
    cause that behavior.

    Would someone please tell me what setting I need to change so the
    Trash folder is not bypassed.

  2. Re: Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder

    Alan wrote:
    > Running TB 1.5.0.7 with Talkback, Launchy & Delete Junk Context Menu
    > extensions and default theme on Win XP HE.
    >
    > I have a bunch of POP accounts (some on the same domain and some on
    > other domains) loaded in TB. On all accounts except one, deleted
    > messages go into the Trash folder. On that one account, the message is
    > deleted and the Trash folder is bypassed.
    > These messages are not coded as junk.
    >
    > For the life of me, I can not recall what I may have done to cause that
    > behavior.
    >
    > Would someone please tell me what setting I need to change so the Trash
    > folder is not bypassed.

    First of all go to the affected Trash folder and check the View
    settings. If it got set to unread, its possible that the deleted mail
    is there, just invisible.

    Is the trash set, in Server Settings, to empty on exit?

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Alan wrote:
    >> Running TB 1.5.0.7 with Talkback, Launchy & Delete Junk Context Menu
    >> extensions and default theme on Win XP HE.
    >>
    >> I have a bunch of POP accounts (some on the same domain and some on
    >> other domains) loaded in TB. On all accounts except one, deleted
    >> messages go into the Trash folder. On that one account, the message
    >> is deleted and the Trash folder is bypassed.
    >> These messages are not coded as junk.
    >>
    >> For the life of me, I can not recall what I may have done to cause
    >> that behavior.
    >>
    >> Would someone please tell me what setting I need to change so the
    >> Trash folder is not bypassed.

    > First of all go to the affected Trash folder and check the View
    > settings. If it got set to unread, its possible that the deleted mail
    > is there, just invisible.

    Tada! It was set to read only unread threads. Thanks. I have no
    idea how that setting could have been changed on just one account.

  4. Re: Deleted Messages Bypassing Trash Folder

    Alan wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Alan wrote:
    >>> Running TB 1.5.0.7 with Talkback, Launchy & Delete Junk Context Menu
    >>> extensions and default theme on Win XP HE.
    >>>
    >>> I have a bunch of POP accounts (some on the same domain and some on
    >>> other domains) loaded in TB. On all accounts except one, deleted
    >>> messages go into the Trash folder. On that one account, the message
    >>> is deleted and the Trash folder is bypassed.
    >>> These messages are not coded as junk.
    >>>
    >>> For the life of me, I can not recall what I may have done to cause
    >>> that behavior.
    >>>
    >>> Would someone please tell me what setting I need to change so the
    >>> Trash folder is not bypassed.

    >> First of all go to the affected Trash folder and check the View
    >> settings. If it got set to unread, its possible that the deleted mail
    >> is there, just invisible.

    > Tada! It was set to read only unread threads. Thanks. I have no idea
    > how that setting could have been changed on just one account.

    Sometimes wonky things happen. Jay's gremlins, I guess!

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread