RSS location - Mozilla

This is a discussion on RSS location - Mozilla ; Established a few RSS feeds and in the account pane it appears above "unsent msgs." How can it be moved so that it will appear below "unsent" and above, or perhaps below, Newsgroups? Miles...

  1. RSS location

    Established a few RSS feeds and in the account pane it appears above
    "unsent msgs." How can it be moved so that it will appear below
    "unsent" and above, or perhaps below, Newsgroups?
    Miles

  2. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Established a few RSS feeds and in the account pane it appears above
    > "unsent msgs." How can it be moved so that it will appear below
    > "unsent" and above, or perhaps below, Newsgroups?
    > Miles

    The extension Folderpane should be able to do it for you
    http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php

    or you can edit the prefs.js file directly ( but this means reordering
    all or most of your accounts)

  3. Re: RSS location

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> Established a few RSS feeds and in the account pane it appears above
    >> "unsent msgs." How can it be moved so that it will appear below
    >> "unsent" and above, or perhaps below, Newsgroups?
    >> Miles

    > The extension Folderpane should be able to do it for you
    > http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php
    >
    > or you can edit the prefs.js file directly ( but this means reordering
    > all or most of your accounts)

    Sorry to say FolderPane doesn't do it.

    Have tried to move it around in Folderpane and have closed TB even
    rebooted, but no change.

    "News-RSS appears as follows:

    In Win Explorer, folder: Mail:
    inbox
    local folders
    news & blogs (RSS)
    kept mail (5 folders)
    newsgroups

    In TB
    1st account with inbox & it's subfolders I've employed as filter boxes
    such as business & personal.
    2nd account
    3rd account
    News-Rss
    Unsent Msgs
    Newsgroups (5)

    I would like News-RSS to appear in TB above Unsent Msgs.
    Miles

  4. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:
    >>> Established a few RSS feeds and in the account pane it appears above
    >>> "unsent msgs." How can it be moved so that it will appear below
    >>> "unsent" and above, or perhaps below, Newsgroups?
    >>> Miles

    >> The extension Folderpane should be able to do it for you
    >> http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php
    >>
    >> or you can edit the prefs.js file directly ( but this means reordering
    >> all or most of your accounts)

    > Sorry to say FolderPane doesn't do it.
    >
    > Have tried to move it around in Folderpane and have closed TB even
    > rebooted, but no change.
    >
    > "News-RSS appears as follows:
    >
    > In Win Explorer, folder: Mail:
    > inbox
    > local folders
    > news & blogs (RSS)
    > kept mail (5 folders)
    > newsgroups
    >
    > In TB
    > 1st account with inbox & it's subfolders I've employed as filter boxes
    > such as business & personal.
    > 2nd account
    > 3rd account
    > News-Rss
    > Unsent Msgs
    > Newsgroups (5)
    >
    > I would like News-RSS to appear in TB above Unsent Msgs.
    > Miles

    Okay, you are confusing me now. I assume that you have renamed the Local
    Folders account to Unsent Messages.

    Local Folders will alway appear after your mail accounts, and before
    your news accounts. In fact, on a tip from Dan, I renamed mine to .
    That is a space, makes a handy divider between my mail and news accounts.

    For the account pane purposes, a News and Blogs account is considered an
    email account, and should appear above Local Folders. recently, I added
    some new email accounts, (Netscape.net Imap), which appeared just above
    Local Folders. I prefer my three rss accounts to be at the bottom of
    the Mail accounts, just above Local Folders, do I used Folderpane Tools
    to reorder them. It worked fine.

    What's confusing me is this:

    > In TB
    > 1st account with inbox & it's subfolders I've employed as filter boxes
    > such as business & personal.
    > 2nd account
    > 3rd account
    > News-Rss
    > Unsent Msgs
    > Newsgroups (5)
    >
    > I would like News-RSS to appear in TB above Unsent Msgs.

    Your list indicates that it appears exactly there. Please clarify.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  5. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The extension Folderpane should be able to do it for you
    >>> http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/folderpane.php
    >>>
    >>> or you can edit the prefs.js file directly ( but this means
    >>> reordering all or most of your accounts)

    >> Sorry to say FolderPane doesn't do it.
    >>
    >> Have tried to move it around in Folderpane and have closed TB even
    >> rebooted, but no change.
    >>
    >> "News-RSS appears as follows:
    >>
    >> In Win Explorer, folder: Mail:
    >> inbox
    >> local folders
    >> news & blogs (RSS)
    >> kept mail (5 folders)
    >> newsgroups
    >>
    >> In TB
    >> 1st account with inbox & it's subfolders I've employed as filter boxes
    >> such as business & personal.
    >> 2nd account
    >> 3rd account
    >> News-Rss
    >> Unsent Msgs
    >> Newsgroups (5)
    >>
    >> I would like News-RSS to appear in TB above Unsent Msgs.
    >> Miles
    >>

    > Okay, you are confusing me now. I assume that you have renamed the Local
    > Folders account to Unsent Messages.
    >
    > Local Folders will alway appear after your mail accounts, and before
    > your news accounts. In fact, on a tip from Dan, I renamed mine to .
    > That is a space, makes a handy divider between my mail and news accounts.
    >
    > For the account pane purposes, a News and Blogs account is considered an
    > email account, and should appear above Local Folders. recently, I added
    > some new email accounts, (Netscape.net Imap), which appeared just above
    > Local Folders. I prefer my three rss accounts to be at the bottom of
    > the Mail accounts, just above Local Folders, do I used Folderpane Tools
    > to reorder them. It worked fine.
    >
    > What's confusing me is this:
    >
    > > In TB
    > > 1st account with inbox & it's subfolders I've employed as filter boxes
    > > such as business & personal.
    > > 2nd account
    > > 3rd account
    > > News-Rss
    > > Unsent Msgs
    > > Newsgroups (5)
    > >
    > > I would like News-RSS to appear in TB above Unsent Msgs.

    > Your list indicates that it appears exactly there. Please clarify.
    >
    > Lee

    Sorry, want it to appear below "unsent msgs."

    And you are right, I had forgotten that a few years ago I changed the
    name from Local Folders to Unsent in order to be more descriptive in
    order to locate what else, but unsent msgs (is it used for something
    else -- never could understand why it was there. Why not just plain old
    "Unsent msgs," perhaps just below "sent"? ) Believe I did that when
    changing over to Moz from NS, or perhaps sometime thereafter.

    And if any way possible I would prefer "Unsent" to appear just below the
    1st account which is primarily used, for it's a bit of hassle to scroll
    down a 9" on the screen to find it -- or easily forget the unsent msg.
    Miles

  6. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    /snip/

    > Sorry, want it to appear below "unsent msgs."
    >
    > And you are right, I had forgotten that a few years ago I changed the
    > name from Local Folders to Unsent in order to be more descriptive in
    > order to locate what else, but unsent msgs (is it used for something
    > else -- never could understand why it was there. Why not just plain old
    > "Unsent msgs," perhaps just below "sent"? ) Believe I did that when
    > changing over to Moz from NS, or perhaps sometime thereafter.
    >
    > And if any way possible I would prefer "Unsent" to appear just below the
    > 1st account which is primarily used, for it's a bit of hassle to scroll
    > down a 9" on the screen to find it -- or easily forget the unsent msg.
    > Miles

    Okay, I'm with you now, but, unfortunately, I'm afraid it can't be done,
    at least to my knowledge.

    There are certain things that are hard wired. Your default email
    account will be at the the of the list. Local Folders, or whatever it
    is renamed, is at the bottom of the mail accounts, and above the news
    accounts. RSS accounts are considered mail accounts.

    Folderpane tools can reorder your mail accounts, or news accounts,
    within that framework. However, it can't move your default email, and
    it can't move Local Folders.

    Local Folders is a tool, it is what its used for. You use it for unsent
    messages, one of its functions. You will also find sent messages for
    you newsgroup posts located there. It is also the repository for all
    your mail if you choose to use the Global Inbox feature.

    Hm, if your default email account is a pop account, you could activate
    the Global Inbox for that account only. Then all its mail would appear
    in Local Folders. That should place Local Folders at the top. I can't
    swear to that, since I have never used Global Inbox.

    If I'm right, you could then rename Local Folders to the default account
    name, and Unsent Messages would be incorporated into that account.

    The may be the ultimate answer to those who wish to eliminate Local
    Folders, just use it as your default account folder.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  7. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:

    > /snip/
    >>>

    >> Sorry, want it to appear below "unsent msgs."
    >>
    >> And you are right, I had forgotten that a few years ago I changed the
    >> name from Local Folders to Unsent in order to be more descriptive in
    >> order to locate what else, but unsent msgs (is it used for something
    >> else -- never could understand why it was there. Why not just plain
    >> old "Unsent msgs," perhaps just below "sent"? ) Believe I did that
    >> when changing over to Moz from NS, or perhaps sometime thereafter.
    >>
    >> And if any way possible I would prefer "Unsent" to appear just below
    >> the 1st account which is primarily used, for it's a bit of hassle to
    >> scroll down a 9" on the screen to find it -- or easily forget the
    >> unsent msg.
    >> Miles

    > Okay, I'm with you now, but, unfortunately, I'm afraid it can't be done,
    > at least to my knowledge.
    >
    > There are certain things that are hard wired. Your default email
    > account will be at the the of the list. Local Folders, or whatever it
    > is renamed, is at the bottom of the mail accounts, and above the news
    > accounts. RSS accounts are considered mail accounts.
    >
    > Folderpane tools can reorder your mail accounts, or news accounts,
    > within that framework. However, it can't move your default email, and
    > it can't move Local Folders.
    >
    > Local Folders is a tool, it is what its used for. You use it for unsent
    > messages, one of its functions. You will also find sent messages for
    > you newsgroup posts located there. It is also the repository for all
    > your mail if you choose to use the Global Inbox feature.
    >
    > Hm, if your default email account is a pop account, you could activate
    > the Global Inbox for that account only. Then all its mail would appear
    > in Local Folders. That should place Local Folders at the top. I can't
    > swear to that, since I have never used Global Inbox.
    >
    > If I'm right, you could then rename Local Folders to the default account
    > name, and Unsent Messages would be incorporated into that account.
    >
    > The may be the ultimate answer to those who wish to eliminate Local
    > Folders, just use it as your default account folder.
    >
    > Lee

    Haven't had time to check out your last thought, but started by
    creating a test profile and will work on it Monday.

    In the meantime: Since installing Folderpane and moving news.Mozilla
    from immediately below news.sbcglobal NG to the top of the newsgroup
    list which is one above sbcglobal, whenever TB is opened the sbcglobal
    NG also opens -- this has occurred 5 out 5 times.

    For example, just tested it by leaving Mozilla NG open and closing TB.
    Then on restart, Moz was closed and sbcglobal was open. Why should
    this be and how to prevent it? (It didn't occur before this, and other
    newsgroups also have new msgs including Mozilla's.)

    Miles

  8. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
> [...]

    >> account.
    >>
    >> The may be the ultimate answer to those who wish to eliminate Local
    >> Folders, just use it as your default account folder.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Haven't had time to check out your last thought, but started by
    > creating a test profile and will work on it Monday.
    >
    > In the meantime: Since installing Folderpane and moving news.Mozilla
    > from immediately below news.sbcglobal NG to the top of the newsgroup
    > list which is one above sbcglobal, whenever TB is opened the sbcglobal
    > NG also opens -- this has occurred 5 out 5 times.
    >
    > For example, just tested it by leaving Mozilla NG open and closing TB.
    > Then on restart, Moz was closed and sbcglobal was open. Why should
    > this be and how to prevent it? (It didn't occur before this, and other
    > newsgroups also have new msgs including Mozilla's.)

    I don't know, that's not how it behaves here. On this install, if I
    leave a mail account expanded when I close, its expanded when I open it.
    If all accounts are collapsed when I close, it opens with everything
    collapsed.

    Interestingly, news account open collapsed, whether I leave them open or
    not.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  9. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >>> /snip/

    >>> Okay, I'm with you now, but, unfortunately, I'm afraid it can't be
    >>> done, at least to my knowledge.
    >>>
    >>> There are certain things that are hard wired. Your default email
    >>> account will be at the the of the list. Local Folders, or whatever
    >>> it is renamed, is at the bottom of the mail accounts, and above the
    >>> news accounts. RSS accounts are considered mail accounts.
    >>>
    >>> Folderpane tools can reorder your mail accounts, or news accounts,
    >>> within that framework. However, it can't move your default email,
    >>> and it can't move Local Folders.
    >>>
    >>> Local Folders is a tool, it is what its used for. You use it for
    >>> unsent messages, one of its functions. You will also find sent
    >>> messages for you newsgroup posts located there. It is also the
    >>> repository for all your mail if you choose to use the Global Inbox
    >>> feature.
    >>>
    >>> Hm, if your default email account is a pop account, you could
    >>> activate the Global Inbox for that account only. Then all its mail
    >>> would appear in Local Folders. That should place Local Folders at the
    >>> top. I can't swear to that, since I have never used Global Inbox.
    >>>
    >>> If I'm right, you could then rename Local Folders to the default
    >>> account name, and Unsent Messages would be incorporated into that
    >>> account.
    >>>
    >>> The may be the ultimate answer to those who wish to eliminate Local
    >>> Folders, just use it as your default account folder.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> Haven't had time to check out your last thought, but started by
    >> creating a test profile and will work on it Monday.
    >>
    >> In the meantime: Since installing Folderpane and moving news.Mozilla
    >> from immediately below news.sbcglobal NG to the top of the newsgroup
    >> list which is one above sbcglobal, whenever TB is opened the sbcglobal
    >> NG also opens -- this has occurred 5 out 5 times.
    >>
    >> For example, just tested it by leaving Mozilla NG open and closing TB.
    >> Then on restart, Moz was closed and sbcglobal was open. Why should
    >> this be and how to prevent it? (It didn't occur before this, and other
    >> newsgroups also have new msgs including Mozilla's.)
    >>
    >> Miles

    > I don't know, that's not how it behaves here. On this install, if I
    > leave a mail account expanded when I close, its expanded when I open it.
    > If all accounts are collapsed when I close, it opens with everything
    > collapsed.
    >
    > Interestingly, news account open collapsed, whether I leave them open or
    > not.
    >
    > Lee

    Moved Sbcglobal NG to the bottom of the NG list and closed TB with all
    NGs closed and upon reopening TB, Sbc was also open. Moved it back to
    the top where it originally was closed TB with all NGs closed and upon
    reopening TB Sbc was again the only one open.

    This did not occur prior to installing Folderpane Tools, and it is
    different behavior than you experience, Lee. Before contacting the
    author, curious as whether this could relate to the fact that there are
    more NGs within Sbcglobal or that it is my ISPs group??

    Miles

  10. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    >>> Haven't had time to check out your last thought, but started by
    >>> creating a test profile and will work on it Monday.
    >>>
    >>> In the meantime: Since installing Folderpane and moving news.Mozilla
    >>> from immediately below news.sbcglobal NG to the top of the newsgroup
    >>> list which is one above sbcglobal, whenever TB is opened the
    >>> sbcglobal NG also opens -- this has occurred 5 out 5 times.
    >>>
    >>> For example, just tested it by leaving Mozilla NG open and closing
    >>> TB. Then on restart, Moz was closed and sbcglobal was open. Why
    >>> should this be and how to prevent it? (It didn't occur before this,
    >>> and other newsgroups also have new msgs including Mozilla's.)
    >>>
    >>> Miles

    >> I don't know, that's not how it behaves here. On this install, if I
    >> leave a mail account expanded when I close, its expanded when I open
    >> it. If all accounts are collapsed when I close, it opens with
    >> everything collapsed.
    >>
    >> Interestingly, news account open collapsed, whether I leave them open
    >> or not.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > Moved Sbcglobal NG to the bottom of the NG list and closed TB with all
    > NGs closed and upon reopening TB, Sbc was also open. Moved it back to
    > the top where it originally was closed TB with all NGs closed and upon
    > reopening TB Sbc was again the only one open.
    >
    > This did not occur prior to installing Folderpane Tools, and it is
    > different behavior than you experience, Lee. Before contacting the
    > author, curious as whether this could relate to the fact that there are
    > more NGs within Sbcglobal or that it is my ISPs group??
    >
    > Miles

    I don't think so. The only difference in our experience that I can
    think of is that I have never had to move the location of a newsgroup
    account using Folderpane Tools, only mail accounts. That could have
    something to do with it, I guess.

    What happens if you disable Folderpane Tools?

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  11. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:

    >>> I don't know, that's not how it behaves here. On this install, if I
    >>> leave a mail account expanded when I close, its expanded when I open
    >>> it. If all accounts are collapsed when I close, it opens with
    >>> everything collapsed.
    >>>
    >>> Interestingly, news account open collapsed, whether I leave them open
    >>> or not.
    >>>
    >>> Lee
    >>>

    >> Moved Sbcglobal NG to the bottom of the NG list and closed TB with all
    >> NGs closed and upon reopening TB, Sbc was also open. Moved it back to
    >> the top where it originally was closed TB with all NGs closed and upon
    >> reopening TB Sbc was again the only one open.
    >>
    >> This did not occur prior to installing Folderpane Tools, and it is
    >> different behavior than you experience, Lee. Before contacting the
    >> author, curious as whether this could relate to the fact that there
    >> are more NGs within Sbcglobal or that it is my ISPs group??
    >>
    >> Miles

    > I don't think so. The only difference in our experience that I can
    > think of is that I have never had to move the location of a newsgroup
    > account using Folderpane Tools, only mail accounts. That could have
    > something to do with it, I guess.
    >
    > What happens if you disable Folderpane Tools?
    >
    > Lee

    Discovered the error in my ways: When in Folderpane Tools yesterday
    learning the extension, I had left it with a check mark in "override
    startup folder" and the new choice was "sbcglobal." I won't be doing
    that again!
    Miles

  12. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    > Discovered the error in my ways: When in Folderpane Tools yesterday
    > learning the extension, I had left it with a check mark in "override
    > startup folder" and the new choice was "sbcglobal." I won't be doing
    > that again!
    > Miles

    I'm glad it was something simple.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  13. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:

    > /snip/
    >>>

    >> Sorry, want it to appear below "unsent msgs."
    >>
    >> And you are right, I had forgotten that a few years ago I changed the
    >> name from Local Folders to Unsent in order to be more descriptive in
    >> order to locate what else, but unsent msgs (is it used for something
    >> else -- never could understand why it was there. Why not just plain
    >> old "Unsent msgs," perhaps just below "sent"? ) Believe I did that
    >> when changing over to Moz from NS, or perhaps sometime thereafter.
    >>
    >> And if any way possible I would prefer "Unsent" to appear just below
    >> the 1st account which is primarily used, for it's a bit of hassle to
    >> scroll down a 9" on the screen to find it -- or easily forget the
    >> unsent msg.
    >> Miles

    > Okay, I'm with you now, but, unfortunately, I'm afraid it can't be done,
    > at least to my knowledge.
    >
    > There are certain things that are hard wired. Your default email
    > account will be at the the of the list. Local Folders, or whatever it
    > is renamed, is at the bottom of the mail accounts, and above the news
    > accounts. RSS accounts are considered mail accounts.
    >
    > Folderpane tools can reorder your mail accounts, or news accounts,
    > within that framework. However, it can't move your default email, and
    > it can't move Local Folders.
    >
    > Local Folders is a tool, it is what its used for. You use it for unsent
    > messages, one of its functions. You will also find sent messages for
    > you newsgroup posts located there. It is also the repository for all
    > your mail if you choose to use the Global Inbox feature.
    >
    > Hm, if your default email account is a pop account, you could activate
    > the Global Inbox for that account only. Then all its mail would appear
    > in Local Folders. That should place Local Folders at the top. I can't
    > swear to that, since I have never used Global Inbox.
    >
    > If I'm right, you could then rename Local Folders to the default account
    > name, and Unsent Messages would be incorporated into that account.
    >
    > The may be the ultimate answer to those who wish to eliminate Local
    > Folders, just use it as your default account folder.
    >
    > Lee

    But curious: Since Unsent Msgs is part of the Local Folder, why isn't
    that also at the top of the heap? Furthermore since apparently it's
    part of Local Folder as are Sent, Junk, Trash, etc. why isn't it also a
    folder included within Local folder instead of a separate heading below
    all accounts? -- that's how it's seen in WinExplorer, and that's
    certainly how it would be preferred for me (and other posters I've read
    in the past).
    Miles

  14. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:

    > But curious: Since Unsent Msgs is part of the Local Folder, why isn't
    > that also at the top of the heap? Furthermore since apparently it's
    > part of Local Folder as are Sent, Junk, Trash, etc. why isn't it also a
    > folder included within Local folder instead of a separate heading below
    > all accounts? -- that's how it's seen in WinExplorer, and that's
    > certainly how it would be preferred for me (and other posters I've read
    > in the past).
    > Miles

    Unsent is at the top of Local Folders

    --
    Bill Gates -- Heaven or Hell continued . . . "This is great!" he tells
    God, "If this is Hell, I REALLY want to see Heaven!" "Fine," says
    God, and off they go. Heaven is a high place in the clouds, with
    angels drifting about playing harps and singing. It's very nice but
    not as enticing as Hell. Bill thinks for a moment and announces his
    decision. "Hmm, I think I prefer Hell." he tells God. "Fine," says
    God, "As you desire." So Bill Gates is taken to Hell. Two weeks
    later, God decides to check up on Bill to see how he's doing in Hell.
    When God arrives in Hell, he finds Bill shackled to a wall, screaming
    amongst the hot flames in a dark cave. He's being burned and tortured
    by demons. "How's everything going, Bill?" God asks. Bill replies,
    his voice full of anguish and disappointment, "This is awful, it's not
    what I expected at all, I can't believe it. What happened to that
    other place with the beaches and the beautiful women playing in the
    water?" God smiles and says, "That was the screen saver."

  15. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    >> /snip/

    > But curious: Since Unsent Msgs is part of the Local Folder, why isn't
    > that also at the top of the heap? Furthermore since apparently it's
    > part of Local Folder as are Sent, Junk, Trash, etc. why isn't it also a
    > folder included within Local folder instead of a separate heading below
    > all accounts? -- that's how it's seen in WinExplorer, and that's
    > certainly how it would be preferred for me (and other posters I've read
    > in the past).
    > Miles

    Okay, you lost me again. Unsent is a default folder within the Local
    Folders account. You renamed the entire Local Folders account to Unsent
    Messages. The folder in your Mail folder is still called Local Folders.
    Thats is how it would display in Windows Explorer. How the files and
    folders display in Windows Explorer has nothing at all to do with how
    they display in Thunderbird

    The only reason you see Unsent Messages below your mail accounts is
    because you renamed Local Folders.

    Or maybe I'm just not understanding you at all.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  16. Re: RSS location

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Miles wrote:
    >>> /snip/

    >> But curious: Since Unsent Msgs is part of the Local Folder, why isn't
    >> that also at the top of the heap? Furthermore since apparently it's
    >> part of Local Folder as are Sent, Junk, Trash, etc. why isn't it also
    >> a folder included within Local folder instead of a separate heading
    >> below all accounts? -- that's how it's seen in WinExplorer, and
    >> that's certainly how it would be preferred for me (and other posters
    >> I've read in the past).
    >> Miles

    > Okay, you lost me again. Unsent is a default folder within the Local
    > Folders account. You renamed the entire Local Folders account to Unsent
    > Messages. The folder in your Mail folder is still called Local Folders.
    > Thats is how it would display in Windows Explorer. How the files and
    > folders display in Windows Explorer has nothing at all to do with how
    > they display in Thunderbird
    >
    > The only reason you see Unsent Messages below your mail accounts is
    > because you renamed Local Folders.
    >
    > Or maybe I'm just not understanding you at all.
    >
    > Lee

    No, I think you got it, Lee. However, I do not use Local Folders (or
    Unsent Messages) except that's where msgs to be sent later are
    automatically put. All of my mail send & receive is in the first
    account mileschap@pacbell.net which is above that, at the top. (Not to
    confuse the issue, but I also send and receive for the other two
    accounts in that first account -- AT&T has combined the 3 email
    addresses to all come to the same box, and when sending, I merely change
    the name of the sender in the drop-down box.)

    And to see if it changes, I've changed "Unsent Msgs" back to "Local
    Folders" and there is no change in positioning, it is still below the
    first account and RSS. Are you suggesting that I should be using Local
    Folders for all emails instead of the actual first account?

    Miles

  17. Re: RSS location

    Miles wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> Miles wrote:

    >>> But curious: Since Unsent Msgs is part of the Local Folder, why
    >>> isn't that also at the top of the heap? Furthermore since apparently
    >>> it's part of Local Folder as are Sent, Junk, Trash, etc. why isn't it
    >>> also a folder included within Local folder instead of a separate
    >>> heading below all accounts? -- that's how it's seen in WinExplorer,
    >>> and that's certainly how it would be preferred for me (and other
    >>> posters I've read in the past).
    >>> Miles

    >> Okay, you lost me again. Unsent is a default folder within the Local
    >> Folders account. You renamed the entire Local Folders account to
    >> Unsent Messages. The folder in your Mail folder is still called Local
    >> Folders. Thats is how it would display in Windows Explorer. How the
    >> files and folders display in Windows Explorer has nothing at all to do
    >> with how they display in Thunderbird
    >>
    >> The only reason you see Unsent Messages below your mail accounts is
    >> because you renamed Local Folders.
    >>
    >> Or maybe I'm just not understanding you at all.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > No, I think you got it, Lee. However, I do not use Local Folders (or
    > Unsent Messages) except that's where msgs to be sent later are
    > automatically put. All of my mail send & receive is in the first
    > account mileschap@pacbell.net which is above that, at the top. (Not to
    > confuse the issue, but I also send and receive for the other two
    > accounts in that first account -- AT&T has combined the 3 email
    > addresses to all come to the same box, and when sending, I merely change
    > the name of the sender in the drop-down box.)
    >
    > And to see if it changes, I've changed "Unsent Msgs" back to "Local
    > Folders" and there is no change in positioning, it is still below the
    > first account and RSS. Are you suggesting that I should be using Local
    > Folders for all emails instead of the actual first account?
    >
    > Miles

    That was the thrust of my Global Inbox suggestion. If you enable the
    Global Inbox for that first account, Local Folders will end up at the
    top of the list as the default account, I think. I say I think, because
    I have never used the Global Inbox.

    If you do decide to try this, archive all the data in the account first,
    since the stored data will no longer be available. Easiest way would be
    to move the data into archive folders under Local Folders, then move it
    back to the regular folders once the Global Inbox transition is complete.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

+ Reply to Thread