"Empty Trash" not working with latest update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on "Empty Trash" not working with latest update - Mozilla ; With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)), "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the "Trash" folder the files reappear. The ...

  1. "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)),
    "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails
    will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the
    "Trash" folder the files reappear. The only way I can delete them is to
    select the messages, then use "Delete". This is on a Dell with XP-Pro.

    thanks

  2. Re: "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    TomW wrote:
    > With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)),
    > "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails
    > will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the
    > "Trash" folder the files reappear. The only way I can delete them is to
    > select the messages, then use "Delete". This is on a Dell with XP-Pro.
    >
    > thanks

    For what its worth, working fine on TB 1.5.0.7, Mac OS X.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  3. Re: "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    _TomW_ spoke thusly on 20/09/2006 7:22 PM:
    > With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)),
    > "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails
    > will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the
    > "Trash" folder the files reappear. The only way I can delete them is to
    > select the messages, then use "Delete". This is on a Dell with XP-Pro.

    IMAP or POP?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _TomW_ spoke thusly on 20/09/2006 7:22 PM:
    >> With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)),
    >> "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails
    >> will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the
    >> "Trash" folder the files reappear. The only way I can delete them is
    >> to select the messages, then use "Delete". This is on a Dell with
    >> XP-Pro.

    > IMAP or POP?

    POP type

  5. Re: "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    TomW wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _TomW_ spoke thusly on 20/09/2006 7:22 PM:
    >>> With the latest update to Thunderbird (version 1.5.0.7 (20060909)),
    >>> "Empty Trash" does not work (drop menu or right click). The e-mails
    >>> will disappear, but if you go to another folder and return to the
    >>> "Trash" folder the files reappear. The only way I can delete them is
    >>> to select the messages, then use "Delete". This is on a Dell with
    >>> XP-Pro.

    >> IMAP or POP?

    > POP type

    Completely Close Thunderbird.
    Goto your Thunderbird profile folder
    (http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird)
    Open 'mail' folder.
    open folder of that POP3 mail account.
    delete 'Trash.msf' file.
    Start Thunderbird and check.

  6. Re: "Empty Trash" not working with latest update

    Nir wrote:
    > TomW wrote:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> _TomW_ spoke thusly on 20/09/2006 7:22 PM:
    >>>
    >>> IMAP or POP?

    >> POP type

    > Completely Close Thunderbird.
    > Goto your Thunderbird profile folder