was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews - Mozilla

This is a discussion on was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews - Mozilla ; I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly! 1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my personalized list 2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing abook.mab, it ...

  1. was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews

    I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly!
    1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my
    personalized list
    2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing
    abook.mab, it can be seen that *all* addresses are there, including my
    personalized list
    3) TB shows *ONLY* the two default lists - including the transferred
    addresses contained in them. My personalized list doesn't show in the
    sidebar selection dropdown

    so - question again.... HOW and what must I edit in order for the
    personalized addresslist to show again?

    reg

    post crossposted to m.s.TB and set to followup down there as well!

    reg

  2. Re: was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews

    squaredancer wrote:
    > I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly!
    > 1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my
    > personalized list
    > 2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing
    > abook.mab, it can be seen that *all* addresses are there, including my
    > personalized list
    > 3) TB shows *ONLY* the two default lists - including the transferred
    > addresses contained in them. My personalized list doesn't show in the
    > sidebar selection dropdown
    >
    > so - question again.... HOW and what must I edit in order for the
    > personalized addresslist to show again?
    >
    > reg
    >
    > post crossposted to m.s.TB and set to followup down there as well!
    >
    > reg

    Hi,

    Just to confirm that it works for me Windows PX TB 1.0.5.7.

    When I create a new address book it creates a new abook-1.mab file in my
    TB profile directory, so I do not think that copying the abook.mab alone
    is sufficient.

    Does the address book name that you gave it exist in your TB prefs.js
    file? extract from my test just now:

    user_pref("ldap_2.servers.Test1111.description", "Test1111");
    user_pref("ldap_2.servers.Test1111.filename", "abook-1.mab");

    Regards
    Ian

  3. Re: was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews

    T-bird Leader Hearts radioed the tower On 9/20/2006 12:02 PM:

    > squaredancer wrote:
    >> I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly!
    >> 1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my
    >> personalized list
    >> 2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing
    >> abook.mab, it can be seen that *all* addresses are there, including my
    >> personalized list
    >> 3) TB shows *ONLY* the two default lists - including the transferred
    >> addresses contained in them. My personalized list doesn't show in the
    >> sidebar selection dropdown
    >>
    >> so - question again.... HOW and what must I edit in order for the
    >> personalized addresslist to show again?
    >>
    >> reg
    >>
    >> post crossposted to m.s.TB and set to followup down there as well!
    >>
    >> reg

    > Hi,
    >
    > Just to confirm that it works for me Windows PX TB 1.0.5.7.
    >
    > When I create a new address book it creates a new abook-1.mab file in my
    > TB profile directory, so I do not think that copying the abook.mab alone
    > is sufficient.
    >
    > Does the address book name that you gave it exist in your TB prefs.js
    > file? extract from my test just now:
    >
    > user_pref("ldap_2.servers.Test1111.description", "Test1111");
    > user_pref("ldap_2.servers.Test1111.filename", "abook-1.mab");
    >

    > Regards
    > Ian

    Reg,
    Address book is not just the abook.mab, which is the default My Address
    Book. The Collected Addresses are stored within history.mab and any user
    created books are found as abook-n.mab listings in your profile. The n= a
    number 1 and higher. So to migrate all your addresses will require
    copying at least two of the *.mab files.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  4. Re: was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews

    squaredancer wrote:
    > I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly!
    > 1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my
    > personalized list
    > 2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing
    > abook.mab, it can be seen that *all* addresses are there, including my
    > personalized list
    > 3) TB shows *ONLY* the two default lists - including the transferred
    > addresses contained in them. My personalized list doesn't show in the
    > sidebar selection dropdown
    >
    > so - question again.... HOW and what must I edit in order for the
    > personalized addresslist to show again?
    >
    > reg
    >
    > post crossposted to m.s.TB and set to followup down there as well!
    >
    > reg

    Hi Reggie, I believe you also have to move the original history.mab
    (override the new one) into the new profile. Buena Suerte.

  5. Re: was "What now, said Zeus" on SecNews

    On 20.09.2006 17:33, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused squaredancer
    to generate the following:? :

    >I still can't get my addressbook to show correctly!
    >1) the "original" has three lists - the two default lists and my
    >personalized list
    >2) I moved abook.mab from a backup to the new profile - on editing
    >abook.mab, it can be seen that *all* addresses are there, including my
    >personalized list
    >3) TB shows *ONLY* the two default lists - including the transferred
    >addresses contained in them. My personalized list doesn't show in the
    >sidebar selection dropdown
    >
    >so - question again.... HOW and what must I edit in order for the
    >personalized addresslist to show again?
    >
    >reg
    >
    >post crossposted to m.s.TB and set to followup down there as well!
    >
    >reg

    hi @ ALL and "thanks" for the replies... the answer is (possibly incomplete)

    in the History.mab is the addressbook "filecard" header list... it is
    the same (here!!) in both old and new versions
    in the Prefs.js (neither versions have user_prefs.js) I copied out the
    lines referring to "my" personalized list and pasted them across...

    what has happened.....

    my "personalized list" is now shown *BUT* .... the list name
    (Personalized Addresses) doesn't show in the dropdown list as a name...
    just a blank line, so I will have to look for the prefs.js line that
    I've missed... untill then, I can live with "a list with no name" - my
    daughter's the one with the horses, and they all have names :-D

    reg

+ Reply to Thread