Can't send emails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Can't send emails - Mozilla ; OK so I have downloaded the new Thunderbird and since then I can not send emails. I can recieve them but not send them. Does anyone know what is going on here?...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Can't send emails

    OK so I have downloaded the new Thunderbird and since then I can not
    send emails. I can recieve them but not send them.

    Does anyone know what is going on here?

  2. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    > OK so I have downloaded the new Thunderbird and since then I can not
    > send emails. I can recieve them but not send them.
    >
    > Does anyone know what is going on here?

    What error message it shows?

  3. Re: Can't send emails

    > What error message it shows?

    Send Message Error
    Sending of message failed.
    The message connot be sent because connecting to SMTP server
    mail.t4iam.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing
    SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server is correct
    and try again. or else contact your network administrator.

    I did contact my host admin and they checked the server, it is working
    fine (I am recieveing emails) plus I can send them from the lame
    network my host makes available for users. Admin said it might be the
    port or somthing like that but I am not the brightest when it comes to
    admin.

  4. Re: Can't send emails

    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cannot_send_mail

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  5. Re: Can't send emails

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cannot_send_mail
    >

    > --
    > paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

    Thanks for the link... however I am not running a firewall and my port
    is set at default 110.

    I did not see anything else that might help me in that link...

  6. Re: Can't send emails

    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Cannot_send_mail
    >

    > --
    > paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

    Also I just noticed in my account settings...

    outgoing server says port 777

  7. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    >> What error message it shows?

    > Send Message Error
    > Sending of message failed.
    > The message connot be sent because connecting to SMTP server
    > mail.t4iam.com failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing
    > SMTP connections. Please verify that your SMTP server is correct
    > and try again. or else contact your network administrator.
    >
    > I did contact my host admin and they checked the server, it is working
    > fine (I am recieveing emails) plus I can send them from the lame
    > network my host makes available for users. Admin said it might be the
    > port or somthing like that but I am not the brightest when it comes to
    > admin.

    check outgoing server name carefully ( Tools>Account Settings
    >Outgoing Server>Your Outgoing Server>Edit )

    also put your username properly like username@isp.com
    also check secure connection type and port no.

    also goto Tools>Options>Privacy>password>View Password.
    select password for that account . click in *Remove*
    Start Thunderbird and check.

  8. Re: Can't send emails

    > check outgoing server name carefully ( Tools>Account Settings
    > >Outgoing Server>Your Outgoing Server>Edit )

    > also put your username properly like username@isp.com
    > also check secure connection type and port no.

    Username entered properly... Secure connection > never
    Port # > 110

    > also goto Tools>Options>Privacy>password>View Password.
    > select password for that account . click in *Remove*
    > Start Thunderbird and check.

    I do not have 'options' under tools....

  9. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    >> check outgoing server name carefully ( Tools>Account Settings
    >> >Outgoing Server>Your Outgoing Server>Edit )

    >> also put your username properly like username@isp.com
    >> also check secure connection type and port no.

    > Username entered properly... Secure connection > never
    > Port # > 110

    is server name is correct?

    >> also goto Tools>Options>Privacy>password>View Password.
    >> select password for that account . click in *Remove*
    >> Start Thunderbird and check.

    > I do not have 'options' under tools....

    see this link :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_diffe...nux%2C_and_Mac

  10. Re: Can't send emails

    Nir wrote:
    > is server name is correct?

    Yes, same as incoming and I am recieving mail.

    > >> also goto Tools>Options>Privacy>password>View Password.
    > >> select password for that account . click in *Remove*
    > >> Start Thunderbird and check.

    Are you saying I should set a master password?... because I do not have
    any set at this time.

  11. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> is server name is correct?

    > Yes, same as incoming and I am recieving mail.

    > Are you saying I should set a master password?... because I do not have
    > any set at this time.

    No need of that as it has no effect in this problem.( also you may
    set a Master Password to protect your saved password and username )
    Just click on 'View Saved Password' button

    It will open 'Password manager' window
    Select 'username' for the outgoing mail server of that problematic
    mail account .
    click on 'Remove' ( not 'Remove All' ). it will remove username
    and password entry for that account.
    restart Thunderbird.
    Try to send a mail it yourself.
    Thunderbird will ask for usename and password.
    put that properly.
    if you are still getting same problem the try to check it in other
    email client like OE to check that whether it is server issue or not.

  12. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> is server name is correct?

    > Yes, same as incoming and I am recieving mail.

    > Are you saying I should set a master password?... because I do not have
    > any set at this time.

    "Yes, same as incoming and I am recieving mail." - are you sure
    your Incoming server name and outgoing server name are same?

  13. Re: Can't send emails

    Nir wrote:
    > No need of that as it has no effect in this problem.( also you may
    > set a Master Password to protect your saved password and username )
    > Just click on 'View Saved Password' button
    >
    > It will open 'Password manager' window
    > Select 'username' for the outgoing mail server of that problematic
    > mail account .
    > click on 'Remove' ( not 'Remove All' ). it will remove username
    > and password entry for that account.
    > restart Thunderbird.
    > Try to send a mail it yourself.
    > Thunderbird will ask for usename and password.
    > put that properly.
    > if you are still getting same problem the try to check it in other
    > email client like OE to check that whether it is server issue or not.

    Nir... I really appreciate your help... so I just tried your latest
    advice but still no go... every time I try to send an email the window
    that comes up with the blue and white 'action' bar never spins like it
    used to and then the can not connect window comes up.

  14. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> No need of that as it has no effect in this problem.( also you may
    >> set a Master Password to protect your saved password and username )
    >> Just click on 'View Saved Password' button
    >>
    >> It will open 'Password manager' window
    >> Select 'username' for the outgoing mail server of that problematic
    >> mail account .
    >> click on 'Remove' ( not 'Remove All' ). it will remove username
    >> and password entry for that account.
    >> restart Thunderbird.
    >> Try to send a mail it yourself.
    >> Thunderbird will ask for usename and password.
    >> put that properly.
    >> if you are still getting same problem the try to check it in other
    >> email client like OE to check that whether it is server issue or not.

    > Nir... I really appreciate your help... so I just tried your latest
    > advice but still no go... every time I try to send an email the window
    > that comes up with the blue and white 'action' bar never spins like it
    > used to and then the can not connect window comes up.

    have you tried to check it through other email client like OE?
    and are you sure that your Incoming server name and outgoing
    server name are same? according to my knowledge , they should be
    different like in Gmail

    Incoming Server name : pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing server name : smtp.gmail.com

  15. Re: Can't send emails

    > have you tried to check it through other email client like OE?
    > and are you sure that your Incoming server name and outgoing
    > server name are same? according to my knowledge , they should be
    > different like in Gmail
    >
    > Incoming Server name : pop.gmail.com
    > Outgoing server name : smtp.gmail.com

    I am using Mac so I don't do OE... for my host, Incoming and outgoing
    POP names are the same. I verified this many times with admin...

    I did not have this problem before I downloaded the new version of
    TB... I was running TB for almost 5 months with no problems at all.

    Then yesterday after donwload I tried to email and nothing...

    thanks...

  16. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    >> have you tried to check it through other email client like OE?
    >> and are you sure that your Incoming server name and outgoing
    >> server name are same? according to my knowledge , they should be
    >> different like in Gmail
    >>
    >> Incoming Server name : pop.gmail.com
    >> Outgoing server name : smtp.gmail.com

    > I am using Mac so I don't do OE... for my host, Incoming and outgoing
    > POP names are the same. I verified this many times with admin...
    >
    > I did not have this problem before I downloaded the new version of
    > TB... I was running TB for almost 5 months with no problems at all.
    >
    > Then yesterday after donwload I tried to email and nothing...
    >
    > thanks...

    I just went back and checked... port 110? Are you sure its supposed to
    be that?
    Outgoing server port

  17. Re: Can't send emails

    Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:

    > I just went back and checked... port 110? Are you sure its supposed to
    > be that?
    > Outgoing server port

    I think that 110 is for incoming, it is listed under server settings as
    the default, in my... account settings > sever settings

    if I go down to the bottom of account settings and click on outgoing
    server it shows 777 as port number.

  18. Re: Can't send emails

    On 09/20/2006 01:38 PM, jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    > Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >
    >> I just went back and checked... port 110? Are you sure its supposed to
    >> be that?
    >> Outgoing server port

    > I think that 110 is for incoming, it is listed under server settings as
    > the default, in my... account settings > sever settings
    >
    > if I go down to the bottom of account settings and click on outgoing
    > server it shows 777 as port number.

    The outgoing port number should be either 25 or 587.

    --
    paduille.4058.mumia.w@earthlink.net

  19. Re: Can't send emails

    jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    >> have you tried to check it through other email client like OE?
    >> and are you sure that your Incoming server name and outgoing
    >> server name are same? according to my knowledge , they should be
    >> different like in Gmail
    >>
    >> Incoming Server name : pop.gmail.com
    >> Outgoing server name : smtp.gmail.com

    > I am using Mac so I don't do OE... for my host, Incoming and outgoing
    > POP names are the same. I verified this many times with admin...
    >
    > I did not have this problem before I downloaded the new version of
    > TB... I was running TB for almost 5 months with no problems at all.
    >
    > Then yesterday after donwload I tried to email and nothing...
    >
    > thanks...

    Try using Apple's Mail.

    Lee

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  20. Re: Can't send emails

    Mumia W. (using mozilla) wrote:
    > On 09/20/2006 01:38 PM, jc@t4iam.com wrote:
    >> Moz Champion (Dan) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just went back and checked... port 110? Are you sure its supposed to
    >>> be that?
    >>> Outgoing server port

    >> I think that 110 is for incoming, it is listed under server settings as
    >> the default, in my... account settings > sever settings
    >>
    >> if I go down to the bottom of account settings and click on outgoing
    >> server it shows 777 as port number.
    >>

    > The outgoing port number should be either 25 or 587.

    I would second this. After all, it isnt workiing now.
    Change the port number to 25 then try to send, if that doesnt work go to
    587.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast