Send message without pictures? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Send message without pictures? - Mozilla ; Hi, I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.7 and am very pleased with it, except for one thing. Is there a way to send a message without attaching inline pictures in MIME format? I know I can do this in Outlook ...

  1. Send message without pictures?

    Hi,

    I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.7 and am very pleased with it,
    except for one thing. Is there a way to send a message without attaching
    inline pictures in MIME format? I know I can do this in Outlook Express
    by clicking Format>Send Pictures with Message to toggle the setting.
    Most of the time one wants to send pictures with message, but if, say,
    you're punching in a picture with its URL somewhere on the Internet
    rather than your local hard drive, it would be nice for the message to
    not have to take as long both to send and receive.

    Is it possible to send a message and just have the pictures displayed
    directly off the Internet?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Send message without pictures?

    AnonyMouse wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.7 and am very pleased with it,
    > except for one thing. Is there a way to send a message without attaching
    > inline pictures in MIME format? I know I can do this in Outlook Express
    > by clicking Format>Send Pictures with Message to toggle the setting.
    > Most of the time one wants to send pictures with message, but if, say,
    > you're punching in a picture with its URL somewhere on the Internet
    > rather than your local hard drive, it would be nice for the message to
    > not have to take as long both to send and receive.
    >
    > Is it possible to send a message and just have the pictures displayed
    > directly off the Internet?
    >
    > Thanks!

    This link may be helpful :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_c..._inline_images

  3. Re: Send message without pictures?

    Nir wrote:
    > AnonyMouse wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I use Mozilla Thunderbird version 1.5.0.7 and am very pleased with it,
    >> except for one thing. Is there a way to send a message without
    >> attaching inline pictures in MIME format? I know I can do this in
    >> Outlook Express by clicking Format>Send Pictures with Message to
    >> toggle the setting. Most of the time one wants to send pictures with
    >> message, but if, say, you're punching in a picture with its URL
    >> somewhere on the Internet rather than your local hard drive, it would
    >> be nice for the message to not have to take as long both to send and
    >> receive.
    >>
    >> Is it possible to send a message and just have the pictures displayed
    >> directly off the Internet?
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > This link may be helpful :
    > http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_c..._inline_images

    Thanks--I think this is going to work, I'll try it out next time I send
    a message that has remotely-hosted images in it!

  4. Re: Send message without pictures?

    AnonyMouse wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> AnonyMouse wrote:
    >>> [...]
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to send a message and just have the pictures displayed
    >>> directly off the Internet?

    >> This link may be helpful :
    >> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_c..._inline_images

    > Thanks--I think this is going to work, I'll try it out next time I send
    > a message that has remotely-hosted images in it!

    Even better: in 2.0, the Insert Image box will have a checkbox devoted
    to this option, as will Insert Link.

  5. Re: Send message without pictures?

    _Mike Cowperthwaite_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:57 PM:
    > Even better: in 2.0, the Insert Image box will have a checkbox devoted
    > to this option, as will Insert Link.

    Has that patch been checked in? I don't see any checkbox for keeping an
    inline image remote.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  6. Re: Send message without pictures?

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Mike Cowperthwaite_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:57 PM:
    >> Even better: in 2.0, the Insert Image box will have a checkbox devoted
    >> to this option, as will Insert Link.

    > Has that patch been checked in? I don't see any checkbox for keeping an
    > inline image remote.

    It's at bug 132257. I see in a 3a1-0915 build, but not in a 2a1-0912
    build, which I've been meaning to update for a while; but the bug isn't
    marked 'fixed-1.8.1' yet, so maybe they're still letting it bake. There
    were a couple of side-effect bugs, but I think those have all been fixed
    now too.

  7. Re: Send message without pictures?

    Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Mike Cowperthwaite_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:57 PM:
    >>> Even better: in 2.0, the Insert Image box will have a checkbox
    >>> devoted to this option, as will Insert Link.

    >> Has that patch been checked in? I don't see any checkbox for keeping
    >> an inline image remote.

    > It's at bug 132257. I see in a 3a1-0915 build, but not in a 2a1-0912
    > build, which I've been meaning to update for a while; but the bug isn't
    > marked 'fixed-1.8.1' yet, so maybe they're still letting it bake. There
    > were a couple of side-effect bugs, but I think those have all been fixed
    > now too.

    I may have spoken too soon; it seems the patch is complex enough to
    affect Firefox and the deadline has passed for 2.0 feature checkins.

+ Reply to Thread