Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update - Mozilla ; As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security update process, Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 is now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getthunderbird.com ( http://www.getthunderbird.com ). It is strongly recommend that all users upgrade to this latest ...

  1. Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update

    As part of Mozilla Corporation’s ongoing stability and security update
    process, Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 is now available for Windows, Mac, and
    Linux for free download from getthunderbird.com
    (http://www.getthunderbird.com). It is strongly recommend that all users
    upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in
    33 languages including German, French, Spanish, Japanese, Simplified
    Chinese, Korean, and more.

    If you already have Thunderbird 1.5, you will receive an automated
    update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be
    applied manually by selecting “Check for Updates…” from the Help menu
    within at any time. Mozilla Corporation is also strongly recommending
    that Thunderbird 1.0 users upgrade to this latest release of Thunderbird
    1.5 in order to take advantage of significant security and stability
    improvements. Thunderbird 1.5 includes an automated update mechanism
    that ensures users are always up to date with the very latest updates.

    For more information, please see: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Release Notes
    (http://www.mozilla.com/thunderbird/r...s/1.5.0.7.html).
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  2. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the newsgroup
    until today?

  3. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    T-bird Leader Mike Cowperthwaite radioed the tower On 9/19/2006 2:38 PM:

    > Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the newsgroup
    > until today?

    It was late showing up in the mozilla.announce group too.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

  4. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    > Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the newsgroup
    > until today?

    The headers gave me this:
    Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:38:58 -0700

    and yet, the date I get on the message is 15/09/06 11:04 AM

    I didn't view the message until sometime yesterday evening

    --
    There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
    salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
    without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a
    quiet, conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him
    nuts. One day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird
    by the throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this
    just makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy
    gets angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen
    cabinet. This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches,
    and when the guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a
    stream of vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point,
    the guy is so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the
    first few seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws
    and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just
    waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a
    couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the
    freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm
    and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best
    to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed
    at the transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot
    says, . . . to be continued

  5. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    _Mike Cowperthwaite_ spoke thusly on 19/09/2006 2:38 PM:
    > Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the newsgroup
    > until today?

    It was cross-posted to mozilla.announce, which is a moderated newsgroup.
    Basil probably didn't get around to approving messages until after the
    weekend.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  6. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > It was cross-posted to mozilla.announce, which is a moderated newsgroup.

    so, mozilla.announce and mozilla.multimedia.test -- thats two
    moderated newsgroups. How many more are there? I thought there was
    only one -- the multimedia one

    --
[...]

  7. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    gwtc wrote in
    :

    > so, mozilla.announce and mozilla.multimedia.test -- thats two
    > moderated newsgroups. How many more are there?

    $ grep -P "\d m" nmo.active.list

    mozilla.announce 0000000006 0000000002 m
    mozilla.dev.super-review 0000006882 0000000002 m
    mozilla.dev.tech.crypto.checkins 0000001869 0000000002 m
    mozilla.mdc.devnews 0000000002 0000000002 m
    mozilla.mdc.webwatch 0000000002 0000000002 m
    mozilla.test.multimedia 0000001245 0000001143 m
    netscape.public.mozilla.announce 0000000435 0000000282 m
    netscape.public.mozilla.porkjockeys 0000002133 0000002090 m

    --
    »Q«

  8. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    gwtc wrote in
    :

    > Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    >> Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the
    >> newsgroup until today?

    > The headers gave me this:
    > Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:38:58 -0700
    >
    > and yet, the date I get on the message is 15/09/06 11:04 AM
    >
    > I didn't view the message until sometime yesterday evening

    Those are the headers of Mike Cowperthwaite's post. Chris' OP has

    Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:04:23 -0400

    --
    »Q«

  9. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    »Q« wrote:
    > gwtc wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    >>> Any idea why this message, date 15-Sep, didn't show up in the
    >>> newsgroup until today?

    >> The headers gave me this:
    >> Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 11:38:58 -0700
    >>
    >> and yet, the date I get on the message is 15/09/06 11:04 AM
    >>
    >> I didn't view the message until sometime yesterday evening

    > Those are the headers of Mike Cowperthwaite's post. Chris' OP has

    > Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:04:23 -0400

    Ooops, looks like I was looking at the wrong one again. Thank Q

    --
[...]

  10. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    »Q« wrote:
    > gwtc wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> so, mozilla.announce and mozilla.multimedia.test -- thats two
    >> moderated newsgroups. How many more are there?

    > $ grep -P "\d m" nmo.active.list
    >
    > mozilla.announce 0000000006 0000000002 m
    > mozilla.dev.super-review 0000006882 0000000002 m
    > mozilla.dev.tech.crypto.checkins 0000001869 0000000002 m
    > mozilla.mdc.devnews 0000000002 0000000002 m
    > mozilla.mdc.webwatch 0000000002 0000000002 m
    > mozilla.test.multimedia 0000001245 0000001143 m
    > netscape.public.mozilla.announce 0000000435 0000000282 m
    > netscape.public.mozilla.porkjockeys 0000002133 0000002090 m

    that many. Thats a lot. I thought it was only one group that was
    moderated -- the multimedia one. BTW -- lots of spam on porkjockeys.

    --
    continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the
    bird into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible
    din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very
    quiet. At first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that
    the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so
    worried that he opens up the freezer door. The bird meekly climbs
    onto the man's outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the
    trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now
    on." The man is astounded and amazed at the transformation that has
    come over the parrot. Then the parrot says, "By the way, what did the
    CHICKEN DO?"

  11. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    gwtc wrote in
    :

    > that many. Thats a lot. I thought it was only one group that was
    > moderated -- the multimedia one. BTW -- lots of spam on porkjockeys.

    Old spam from before the move. Giganews still has old Usenet posts in
    the groups that were public Usenet groups. porkjockeys is now
    inactive, just hasn't been removed from the n.m.o active list. I think
    the same goes for netscape.public.mozilla.announce, though I didn't
    check.

    --
    »Q«

  12. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    »Q« wrote:
    > gwtc wrote in
    > :
    >
    >> that many. Thats a lot. I thought it was only one group that was
    >> moderated -- the multimedia one. BTW -- lots of spam on porkjockeys.

    > Old spam from before the move. Giganews still has old Usenet posts in
    > the groups that were public Usenet groups. porkjockeys is now
    > inactive, just hasn't been removed from the n.m.o active list. I think
    > the same goes for netscape.public.mozilla.announce, though I didn't
    > check.

    Oh, I didn't look at the dates. Yes, they are old

    --
    Linguistic Evolution continued . . . In the third year, publik
    akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage

  13. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    GWTC ... when are you going to finish this off?

[...]

    I want to know the punchline! Did the parrot just see some frozen
    chickens in the doods freezer or what?

    REVEAL!

    --
    krONik
    “Somewhere ... something incredible is waiting to be known!”

  14. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    krONik wrote:
    > GWTC ... when are you going to finish this off?
    >
    > There's this fella with a parrot. And this parrot swears like an old
    > salt, I mean he's a pistol. He can swear for five minutes straight
    > without repeating himself. Trouble is, the guy who owns him is a quiet,
    > conservative type, and the bird's foul mouth is driving him nuts. One
    > day, it just gets to be too much and the guy grabs the bird by the
    > throat, shakes him really hard, and yells, "QUIT IT!" But this just
    > makes the bird mad and he swears more than ever. Then the guy gets
    > angry and says, "OK for you," and locks the bird in a kitchen cabinet.
    > This really aggravates the bird and he claws and scratches, and when the
    > guy finally lets him out, the bird cuts loose with a stream of
    > vulgarities that would make a sailor blush. At that point, the guy is
    > so mad that he throws the bird into the freezer. For the first few
    > seconds there is a terrible din. The bird kicks and claws and thrashes.
    > Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At first the guy just waits, but then
    > he starts to think that the bird may be hurt. After a couple of minutes
    > of silence, he's so worried that he opens up the freezer door. The
    > bird meekly climbs onto the man's outstretched arm and says, "Awfully
    > sorry about the trouble I gave you. I'll do my best to improve my
    > vocabulary from now on." The man is astounded and amazed at the
    > transformation that has come over the parrot. Then the parrot says,...
    >
    > I want to know the punchline! Did the parrot just see some frozen
    > chickens in the doods freezer or what?
    >
    > REVEAL!
    >
    > --
    > krONik
    > “Somewhere ... something incredible is waiting to be known!”
    > Dr Carl Sagan [1939 – 1996]

    I hate to leave you hanging til gwtc gets back:

    continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird
    into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible din. The
    bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At
    first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may
    be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he
    opens up the freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's
    outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you.
    I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is
    astounded and amazed at the transformation that has come over the
    parrot. Then the parrot says, "By the way, what did the CHICKEN DO?"

    The UFAQ'S http://www.ufaq.org/
    http://mozilla.com http://mozilla.org

  15. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    > I hate to leave you hanging til gwtc gets back:
    >
    > continued . . . At that point, the guy is so mad that he throws the bird
    > into the freezer. For the first few seconds there is a terrible din. The
    > bird kicks and claws and thrashes. Then it suddenly gets very quiet. At
    > first the guy just waits, but then he starts to think that the bird may
    > be hurt. After a couple of minutes of silence, he's so worried that he
    > opens up the freezer door. The bird meekly climbs onto the man's
    > outstretched arm and says, "Awfully sorry about the trouble I gave you.
    > I'll do my best to improve my vocabulary from now on." The man is
    > astounded and amazed at the transformation that has come over the
    > parrot. Then the parrot says, "By the way, what did the CHICKEN DO?"

    Thanks for that ...

    --
    krONik
    “Somewhere ... something incredible is waiting to be known!”
    Dr Carl Sagan [1939 – 1996]

  16. Re: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7 Security and Stability Update [OT]

    _krONik_ spoke thusly on 21/09/2006 6:38 PM:
    > GWTC ... when are you going to finish this off?

    Please take OT discussion to email, or mozilla.general. Thanks. :-)