news account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on news account - Mozilla ; Hi there, TB 1.5.0.7 I have a problem since my PC did an auto update of XP last week. Now, all of a sudden TB has created a NEWS account and every now and then asks for some details: Prompt: ...

  1. news account

    Hi there,

    TB 1.5.0.7

    I have a problem since my PC did an auto update of XP last week.

    Now, all of a sudden TB has created a NEWS account and every now and
    then asks for some details:

    Prompt:
    Please enter a username for news server access:

    When I delete this account, TB re-creates it again.

    Please help me to get rid of this?

    Regards,
    Deon

  2. Re: news account

    Deon wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > TB 1.5.0.7
    >
    > I have a problem since my PC did an auto update of XP last week.
    >
    > Now, all of a sudden TB has created a NEWS account and every now and
    > then asks for some details:
    >
    > Prompt:
    > Please enter a username for news server access:
    >
    > When I delete this account, TB re-creates it again.
    >
    > Please help me to get rid of this?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Deon

    1st when you delete that newsgroup account through Tools>Account
    Settings then also manually delete all files related to that
    newsgroup account from Your Thunderbird Profile folder > 'news'
    folder.
    You have to Restart Thunderbird before you check for result.

    [if you don't know where your Thunderbird profile folder is then
    see this link : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird]

    also see this thread :
    http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...c68b09532d89c4

  3. Re: news account

    Thank you so much - I will have a look and try it out.

    Regards,
    Deon

    Nir wrote:
    > Deon wrote:
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> TB 1.5.0.7
    >>
    >> I have a problem since my PC did an auto update of XP last week.
    >>
    >> Now, all of a sudden TB has created a NEWS account and every now and
    >> then asks for some details:
    >>
    >> Prompt:
    >> Please enter a username for news server access:
    >>
    >> When I delete this account, TB re-creates it again.
    >>
    >> Please help me to get rid of this?
    >>
    >> Regards,
    >> Deon

    > 1st when you delete that newsgroup account through Tools>Account
    > Settings then also manually delete all files related to that newsgroup
    > account from Your Thunderbird Profile folder > 'news' folder.
    > You have to Restart Thunderbird before you check for result.
    >
    > [if you don't know where your Thunderbird profile folder is then see
    > this link : http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile#Thunderbird]
    >
    > also see this thread :
    > http://groups.google.com/group/mozil...c68b09532d89c4

+ Reply to Thread