Thunderbird Views - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird Views - Mozilla ; Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag the view bar over to the left ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

  1. Thunderbird Views

    Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag the
    view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.
    also where can I find the Thunderbird buttons 101 help page? Currently
    access to Mozilla sites has "server experiencing problems, try again
    later". Good thing the newsgroup is functioning.
    Thank you,

  2. Re: Thunderbird Views

    JB wrote:
    > Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    > using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    > without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag the
    > view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    Goto View>Layout.
    Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.
    > also where can I find the Thunderbird buttons 101 help page?

    if you are looking for Thunderbird shortcut-key:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard
    >Currently
    > access to Mozilla sites has "server experiencing problems,

    are you mentioning about 'Firefox'. How you can use Thunderbird to
    access Mozilla Sites?
    > try again
    > later". Good thing the newsgroup is functioning.
    > Thank you,

  3. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Nir wrote:

    > JB wrote:
    >> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag the
    >> view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    > Goto View>Layout.
    > Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.

    That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually a
    folder pane toggle?

    Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.

  4. Re: Thunderbird Views

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >> JB wrote:
    >>> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >>> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >>> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag
    >>> the view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    >> Goto View>Layout.
    >> Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.

    > That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually a
    > folder pane toggle?

    sorry for that wrong Info.
    You should use 'Maximize Message Pane' :
    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1392/

    [http://www.geocities.jp/wknxc134/moz_ext/]

  5. Re: Thunderbird Views

    _The Real Bev_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:17 PM:
    > That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually a
    > folder pane toggle?

    No; just what the OP said, which was to drag the separator to the left,
    until it snaps to the edge.
    Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't have
    to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  6. Re: Thunderbird Views

    On 2006-09-17 22:26, JB wrote:
    > Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    > using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    > without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. ....

    Don't know of any shortcut or menu command, but this extension
    appears to do what you want:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/1392/

  7. Re: Thunderbird Views

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >> JB wrote:
    >>> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >>> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >>> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag
    >>> the view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    >> Goto View>Layout.
    >> Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.

    > That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually a
    > folder pane toggle?

    View>>Layout>>Wide view does most of what he wants.

    --
    Irwin
    EVERYBODY SHOULD TAKE A TOUR OF

  8. Re: Thunderbird Views

    The Real Bev wrote:
    > Nir wrote:
    >
    >> JB wrote:
    >>> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >>> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >>> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag
    >>> the view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    >> Goto View>Layout.
    >> Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.

    > That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually a
    > folder pane toggle?

    No, but some themes do implement a 'grippy', clicking on which will
    toggle the folder pane off and on. I STILL prefer the old listbox
    method of selecting a new folder....

  9. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _The Real Bev_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:17 PM:
    >> That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually
    >> a folder pane toggle?

    > No; just what the OP said, which was to drag the separator to the left,
    > until it snaps to the edge.
    > Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't have
    > to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    Oh, great joy. So why do I not see that in version 3 alpha 1 (20060916)??

  10. Re: Thunderbird Views

    _Ron Hunter_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:49 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't
    >> have to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    > Oh, great joy. So why do I not see that in version 3 alpha 1 (20060916)??

    Does it not appear in the "Customize Toolbar" window?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  11. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Ron Hunter_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:49 PM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't
    >>> have to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    >> Oh, great joy. So why do I not see that in version 3 alpha 1
    >> (20060916)??

    > Does it not appear in the "Customize Toolbar" window?

    It is probably called "Folder Selector'

  12. Re: Thunderbird Views

    _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:04 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> Does it not appear in the "Customize Toolbar" window?

    > It is probably called "Folder Selector'

    Here, it's called "Folder Location".
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  13. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _The Real Bev_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:17 PM:
    >> That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually
    >> a folder pane toggle?

    > No; just what the OP said, which was to drag the separator to the left,
    > until it snaps to the edge.
    > Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't have
    > to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    although If you close Folder pane , then you will loose features
    like 'Unread folder','Favorite folders' , 'recent folders'

  14. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:04 PM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does it not appear in the "Customize Toolbar" window?

    >> It is probably called "Folder Selector'

    > Here, it's called "Folder Location".

    sorry misspelled . it is "Folder Location"

  15. Re: Thunderbird Views

    _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:08 PM:
    > although If you close Folder pane , then you will loose features like
    > 'Unread folder','Favorite folders' , 'recent folders'

    Meh. Those aren't Thunderbird 1.5 features anyway. :-)
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  16. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:08 PM:
    >> although If you close Folder pane , then you will loose features like
    >> 'Unread folder','Favorite folders' , 'recent folders'

    > Meh. Those aren't Thunderbird 1.5 features anyway. :-)

    but you are using TB2a1

  17. Re: Thunderbird Views

    On 9/17/2006 7:46 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > The Real Bev wrote:
    >> Nir wrote:

    >>> Goto View>Layout.
    >>> Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.

    >> That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually
    >> a folder pane toggle?
    >>

    > No, but some themes do implement a 'grippy', clicking on which will
    > toggle the folder pane off and on. I STILL prefer the old listbox
    > method of selecting a new folder....

    Skypilot theme has the grippies for both the preview pane and folder pane.

    http://skypilot.projectit.com/

    There are probably many more, but Skypilot is the only Thunderbird theme I use.

    --
    G. R. Woodring

  18. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Ron Hunter_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:49 PM:
    >> Chris Ilias wrote:
    >>> Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't
    >>> have to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    >> Oh, great joy. So why do I not see that in version 3 alpha 1
    >> (20060916)??

    > Does it not appear in the "Customize Toolbar" window?

    Yes. Never thought to look there. Thanks!

  19. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Nir wrote:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _The Real Bev_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:17 PM:
    >>> That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there
    >>> actually a folder pane toggle?

    >> No; just what the OP said, which was to drag the separator to the
    >> left, until it snaps to the edge.
    >> Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't
    >> have to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    > although If you close Folder pane , then you will loose features like
    > 'Unread folder','Favorite folders' , 'recent folders'

    Awwww. Never had them before, so I won't miss them.

  20. Re: Thunderbird Views

    T-bird Leader G. R. Woodring radioed the tower On 9/17/2006 8:31 PM:

    > On 9/17/2006 7:46 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
    >> The Real Bev wrote:

    >> No, but some themes do implement a 'grippy', clicking on which will
    >> toggle the folder pane off and on. I STILL prefer the old listbox
    >> method of selecting a new folder....

    > Skypilot theme has the grippies for both the preview pane and folder pane.
    >
    > http://skypilot.projectit.com/
    >
    > There are probably many more, but Skypilot is the only Thunderbird theme
    > I use.

    Same here for both FF & TB.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast