Thunderbird Views - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird Views - Mozilla ; Telmo Amaral wrote: > On 2006-09-17 22:26, JB wrote: >> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst >> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane >> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 25 of 25

  1. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Telmo Amaral wrote:
    > On 2006-09-17 22:26, JB wrote:
    >> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. ....

    > Don't know of any shortcut or menu command, but this extension appears
    > to do what you want:
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/1392/

    Way to go Telmo!! This extension solves the "issue". Does what I was
    looking for and more.
    Thank you

  2. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Nir wrote:
    > JB wrote:
    >> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. Currently I drag the
    >> view bar over to the left to cover it while using the newsreader.

    > Goto View>Layout.
    > Un-check folder pane or hit on 'F8' key.
    >> also where can I find the Thunderbird buttons 101 help page?

    > if you are looking for Thunderbird shortcut-key:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard
    >> Currently access to Mozilla sites has "server experiencing problems,

    > are you mentioning about 'Firefox'. How you can use Thunderbird to
    > access Mozilla Sites?
    >> try again later". Good thing the newsgroup is functioning.
    >> Thank you,

    I tried accessing the Thunderbird help through both the "Help" drop-down
    and the throbber then opened Firefox to check help via Mozilla bookmarks
    and Firefox throbber and no luck. This "problem" has been on and off
    for the past 3-4 days here in San Diego, as we speak everything is
    working now.

  3. Re: Thunderbird Views

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _The Real Bev_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 7:17 PM:
    >> That toggles the message pane, not the folder pane. Is there actually
    >> a folder pane toggle?

    > No; just what the OP said, which was to drag the separator to the left,
    > until it snaps to the edge.
    > Thunderbird2 will include a folder drop-down selector, so you don't have
    > to have the folder pane open. (ala Netscape4 style)

    Thank you for the 411 -Yes I checked on my old system and Netscape mail
    and OE both have this option. Telmo listed an extension to use in the
    meantime https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/1392/

    and it works great.
    Regards.
    JB

  4. Re: Thunderbird Views

    _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:17 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >> _Nir_ spoke thusly on 17/09/2006 8:08 PM:
    >>> although If you close Folder pane , then you will loose features like
    >>> 'Unread folder','Favorite folders' , 'recent folders'

    >> Meh. Those aren't Thunderbird 1.5 features anyway. :-)

    > but you are using TB2a1

    I'm not the one who wants the folder pane gone. The OP does.
    By the way, I'm not using Tb2a1. I'm using "Thunderbird 2.0b1pre". In
    other words, the latest TB2 build. :-)
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  5. Re: Thunderbird Views

    On 2006-09-18 04:24, JB wrote:
    > Telmo Amaral wrote:
    >> On 2006-09-17 22:26, JB wrote:
    >>> Is there a toggle switch or setting that would change the view whilst
    >>> using Thunderbird, to only show the subject (view) and message pane
    >>> without the Folders (inbox,sent,trash etc.) pane. ....

    >> this extension appears to do what you want:
    >> https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/1392/

    > Way to go Telmo!! This extension solves the "issue". Does what I was
    > looking for and more.
    > Thank you

    Glad it worked for you (actually, Nir had suggested it too - one
    minute before I did :-)).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2