Unread count for IMAP folders - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Unread count for IMAP folders - Mozilla ; Hi, I am trying to get round this problem for some time now, tried going throw the archive but didn't get any solution. Problem - I have some server side filters for my mail and I have configured thunderbird for ...

  1. Unread count for IMAP folders

    Hi,

    I am trying to get round this problem for some time now, tried going
    throw the archive but didn't get any solution.

    Problem - I have some server side filters for my mail and I have
    configured thunderbird for checking the mails. However, whenever I get
    new messages for the account, apart for Inbox the unread count for other
    folders doesn't come up. Only when the folders are clicked on, do I get
    an exact count of the unread messages in the folder.
    This happens with Thunderbird (1.5.0.5) on Windows XP as well as Linux
    (Redhat & Suse).
    I tried adding the following entry to the prefs.js in my profile
    directory but that doesn't seem to help.
    user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);

    Thanks,
    - Ranjit

  2. Re: Unread count for IMAP folders

    Ranjit wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to get round this problem for some time now, tried going
    > throw the archive but didn't get any solution.
    >
    > Problem - I have some server side filters for my mail and I have
    > configured thunderbird for checking the mails. However, whenever I get
    > new messages for the account, apart for Inbox the unread count for other
    > folders doesn't come up. Only when the folders are clicked on, do I get
    > an exact count of the unread messages in the folder.
    > This happens with Thunderbird (1.5.0.5) on Windows XP as well as Linux
    > (Redhat & Suse).
    > I tried adding the following entry to the prefs.js in my profile
    > directory but that doesn't seem to help.
    > user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);
    >

    > Thanks,
    > - Ranjit

    close the program, then using your file manager locate the mail
    section of you TB profile. Inside you will find *.msf files. Once
    found, delete them, then restart.

    to find your TB profile, you can read this:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate

    but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are:
    You only need two tools - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and
    should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

  3. Re: Unread count for IMAP folders

    gwtc said the following on 8/30/2006 10:56 PM:
    > Ranjit wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am trying to get round this problem for some time now, tried going
    >> throw the archive but didn't get any solution.
    >>
    >> Problem - I have some server side filters for my mail and I have
    >> configured thunderbird for checking the mails. However, whenever I get
    >> new messages for the account, apart for Inbox the unread count for other
    >> folders doesn't come up. Only when the folders are clicked on, do I get
    >> an exact count of the unread messages in the folder.
    >> This happens with Thunderbird (1.5.0.5) on Windows XP as well as Linux
    >> (Redhat & Suse).
    >> I tried adding the following entry to the prefs.js in my profile
    >> directory but that doesn't seem to help.
    >> user_pref("mail.check_all_imap_folders_for_new", true);
    >>

    >> Thanks,
    >> - Ranjit

    > close the program, then using your file manager locate the mail section
    > of you TB profile. Inside you will find *.msf files. Once found, delete
    > them, then restart.
    >
    > to find your TB profile, you can read this:
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thund...profile#locate
    >
    > but if you're using windows, then you must read this first:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    Gwtc,

    Thanx for the input, I will check it out.

+ Reply to Thread