Quote symbols - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Quote symbols - Mozilla ; When I reply to an HTML message, ">" characters are replaced by colored lines. However, if I select "rewrap", they change back to ">" characters! Is this a TB bug or a bug in the "Quote Colors" extension? -- Pete ...

  1. Quote symbols

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    To be able under all circumstances to practice five things constitutes
    perfect virtue; these five things are gravity, generosity of soul,
    sincerity, earnestness and kindness....
    --Confucius

  2. Re: Quote symbols

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > When I reply to an HTML message, ">" characters are replaced by colored
    > lines.
    >
    > However, if I select "rewrap", they change back to ">" characters!
    >
    > Is this a TB bug or a bug in the "Quote Colors" extension?

    try asking in their newsgroup: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/list.html

    and you'll find the mozdev user name and password here:

    Amazingly Simple Home Remedies . . .

    Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will
    forget all about that toothache.

  3. Re: Quote symbols

    _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 30/08/2006 5:12 PM:
    > When I reply to an HTML message, ">" characters are replaced by colored
    > lines.
    >
    > However, if I select "rewrap", they change back to ">" characters!
    >
    > Is this a TB bug or a bug in the "Quote Colors" extension?

    It's a Thunderbird bug.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: Quote symbols

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 30/08/2006 5:12 PM:
    >> When I reply to an HTML message, ">" characters are replaced by
    >> colored lines.
    >>
    >> However, if I select "rewrap", they change back to ">" characters!
    >>
    >> Is this a TB bug or a bug in the "Quote Colors" extension?

    > It's a Thunderbird bug.

    Thanks. Is it fixed in 2.0?

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Only a mediocre person is always at his best..."
    -- W. Somerset Maugham

  5. Re: Quote symbols

    gwtc wrote:

    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> When I reply to an HTML message, ">" characters are replaced by
    >> colored lines.
    >>
    >> However, if I select "rewrap", they change back to ">" characters!
    >>
    >> Is this a TB bug or a bug in the "Quote Colors" extension?
    >>

    > try asking in their newsgroup: http://quotecolors.mozdev.org/list.html
    >
    > and you'll find the mozdev user name and password here:

    I disabled Quote Colors and still see the same behavior. :-(

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing
    area in a pool..."
    --Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

  6. Re: Quote symbols

    _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 31/08/2006 12:24 PM:
    > Chris Ilias wrote:
    >
    >> It's a Thunderbird bug.

    > Thanks. Is it fixed in 2.0?

    No.