Retrieving old emails - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Retrieving old emails - Mozilla ; Recently my hard drive failed. I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one, but I can't find where the old emails were stored. Can someone help please, and also let me know how ...

  1. Retrieving old emails

    Recently my hard drive failed.

    I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one, but I can't find where the old emails were stored.

    Can someone help please, and also let me know how I can migrate them across to my new Thunderbird on my new drive. thanks

  2. Re: Retrieving old emails

    Colin Andrews wrote:
    > Recently my hard drive failed.
    >
    > I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one, but I can't find where the old emails were stored.
    >
    > Can someone help please, and also let me know how I can migrate them across to my new Thunderbird on my new drive. thanks

    It's in your profile{1]

    [1]For Profile Locations see:

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile

    Windows users should also see:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx

    --
    Irwin

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  3. Re: Retrieving old emails

    thanks for that.

    To get access to my emails should I just copy and paste them to the new
    location, or is there a better way to access them?

    >> I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one, but I
    >> can't find where the old emails were stored.
    >>
    >> Can someone help please, and also let me know how I can migrate them
    >> across to my new Thunderbird on my new drive. thanks

    > It's in your profile{1]
    >
    > [1]For Profile Locations see:
    >
    > http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile
    >
    > Windows users should also see:
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
    >
    > --
    > Irwin
    >
    > Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    > Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  4. Re: Retrieving old emails

    On 07-08-2006 08:19 CET, Colin Andrews composed this enchanting statement:

    > From: "Irwin Greenwald"
    >> Colin Andrews wrote:
    >>> Recently my hard drive failed.
    >>>
    >>> I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one,
    >>> but I can't find where the old emails were stored.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help please, and also let me know how I can migrate them
    >>> across to my new Thunderbird on my new drive. thanks

    >> It's in your profile{1]
    >>
    >> [1]For Profile Locations see:
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile
    >>
    >> Windows users should also see:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
    >>

    > To get access to my emails should I just copy and paste them to the
    > new location, or is there a better way to access them?

    I don't know a quicker way. TB does not facilitate export/import of its
    own (mail) files for that matter.
    Copy the mail files to the new location. You may skip the indexes (.msf)
    which are then build on opening the folders (in TB) later on.

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  5. Re: Retrieving old emails

    Colin Andrews wrote:

    > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Irwin Greenwald"

    Please bottom post in this newsgroup.
    see this link :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_..._and_exporting

  6. Re: Retrieving old emails

    On 07-08-2006 08:19 CET, Colin Andrews composed this enchanting statement:

    > From: "Irwin Greenwald"
    >> Colin Andrews wrote:
    >>> Recently my hard drive failed.
    >>>
    >>> I have had all the data transferred from my old drive to a new one,
    >>> but I can't find where the old emails were stored.
    >>>
    >>> Can someone help please, and also let me know how I can migrate them
    >>> across to my new Thunderbird on my new drive. thanks

    >> It's in your profile{1]
    >>
    >> [1]For Profile Locations see:
    >>
    >> http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/edit#profile
    >>
    >> Windows users should also see:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ddenfiles.mspx
    >>

    > To get access to my emails should I just copy and paste them to the
    > new location, or is there a better way to access them?

    a quicker way is to copy the whole bunch with this procedure:

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

+ Reply to Thread