Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server - Mozilla ; Hi! Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server? Use case: I have two mail accounts A and B. All mails from B are forwarded to A, and A is set up ...

  1. Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server

    Hi!

    Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as
    SMTP server?

    Use case:

    I have two mail accounts A and B. All mails from B are forwarded to A,
    and A is set up in Thunderbird as a mail account. Now I want to write
    mails from account B without setting it up as a mail account, but only
    setting it up as a SMTP server because I already have all the mails from
    B in account A.

    Thanks,
    Dennis

  2. Re: Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server

    > Hi!
    >
    > Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as
    > SMTP server?
    >
    > Use case:
    >
    > I have two mail accounts A and B. All mails from B are forwarded to A,
    > and A is set up in Thunderbird as a mail account. Now I want to write
    > mails from account B without setting it up as a mail account, but only
    > setting it up as a SMTP server because I already have all the mails from
    > B in account A.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

    Yes, in TB you configure the servers POP and SMTP separatelly.
    1) Go in Tools/Account Settings and scroll down to the SMTP servers and
    add the SMTP configurations for server B;
    2) Scroll up again to select the account A and define the server you
    created as default server for the account.

  3. Re: Send mail from a server which is only configured as SMTP server

    Dennis Benzinger wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > Is it possible to send mail from a server which is only configured as
    > SMTP server?
    >
    > Use case:
    >
    > I have two mail accounts A and B. All mails from B are forwarded to A,
    > and A is set up in Thunderbird as a mail account. Now I want to write
    > mails from account B without setting it up as a mail account, but only
    > setting it up as a SMTP server because I already have all the mails from
    > B in account A.
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Dennis

    set up an identity for account B in account A -- Edit, Account
    Settings, and the small button near the bottom right.

    --
    Maxims for the Internet Age: In Gates we trust.

+ Reply to Thread