lost email (Thunderbird) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on lost email (Thunderbird) - Mozilla ; I am using Linux O/S and recently uninstalled and re-installed it. Unfortunately, all of my Thunderbird email was deleted. Is there anyway of recovering it?...

  1. lost email (Thunderbird)

    I am using Linux O/S and recently uninstalled and re-installed it.
    Unfortunately, all of my Thunderbird email was deleted. Is there anyway
    of recovering it?

  2. Re: lost email (Thunderbird)

    Larry Place wrote:
    > I am using Linux O/S and recently uninstalled and re-installed it.
    > Unfortunately, all of my Thunderbird email was deleted. Is there anyway
    > of recovering it?

    How exactly you re-installed it? Did you format the drive/partition? Did
    you have a separate /home partition?

  3. Re: lost email (Thunderbird)

    Larry Place wrote:
    > I am using Linux O/S and recently uninstalled and re-installed it.
    > Unfortunately, all of my Thunderbird email was deleted. Is there anyway
    > of recovering it?

    probably somehow a new profile has been created .
    Open the terminal and execute cd (program directory)
    execute ./thunderbird -profilemanager
    select previous profile.

  4. Re: lost email (Thunderbird)

    Nir wrote:
    > Larry Place wrote:
    >> I am using Linux O/S and recently uninstalled and re-installed it.
    >> Unfortunately, all of my Thunderbird email was deleted. Is there anyway
    >> of recovering it?

    > probably somehow a new profile has been created .
    > Open the terminal and execute cd (program directory)
    > execute ./thunderbird -profilemanager
    > select previous profile.

    ......if you find only one profile listed in 'profile manager window' , then
    create a new profile and migrate all necessary files into new folder
    see this link to know where actually your profile folder is :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile
    to migrate file from one profile to another one , see this link :
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Migrating_..._a_new_profile

    Next time start Thunderbird with newly created profile.

+ Reply to Thread