Password for entereing a Profile - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Password for entereing a Profile - Mozilla ; Sirs.Good day! I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one can access both profiles and can access all messages. I ...

  1. Password for entereing a Profile

    Sirs.Good day!

    I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    can access both profiles and can access all messages.

    I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    as possible.

    Martin Werner Riedel
    martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    Skype martin_riedel08

  2. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    > Sirs.Good day!
    >
    > I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    > access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    > can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >

    > I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    > as possible.
    >
    > Martin Werner Riedel
    > martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    > Skype martin_riedel08

    when you start with any profile , Thunderbird will automatically ask for
    password ( Master ), and until you give it properly , Thunderbird will not let
    you use or access main Thunderbird window.

  3. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Nir wrote:
    > Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    >> Sirs.Good day!
    >>
    >> I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    >> access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    >> can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >>

    >> I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    >> as possible.
    >>
    >> Martin Werner Riedel
    >> martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    >> Skype martin_riedel08

    > when you start with any profile , Thunderbird will automatically ask for
    > password ( Master ), and until you give it properly , Thunderbird will not let
    > you use or access main Thunderbird window.

    you can set up a master profile, but that doesn't stop the person from
    access everything using a File Manager.

    The best bet would be to set up a Windows profile for the other users.
    Then they can't access the admin profile.

    --
    From the So You Think You Know Everything Department?:

    Did you know that Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during
    a dance.

  4. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    On 07/31/2006 12:27 PM, Nir wrote:
    > Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    >> Sirs.Good day!
    >>
    >> I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    >> access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    >> can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >> [...]

    > when you start with any profile , Thunderbird will automatically ask for
    > password ( Master ), and until you give it properly , Thunderbird will not let
    > you use or access main Thunderbird window.

    This happens only if you set a master password.

    --
    It's time to say goodbye to the Mork database.

  5. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Mumia W. escreveu:
    > On 07/31/2006 12:27 PM, Nir wrote:
    >> Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    >>> Sirs.Good day!
    >>>
    >>> I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    >>> access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    >>> can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >>> [...]

    >> when you start with any profile , Thunderbird will automatically ask for
    >> password ( Master ), and until you give it properly , Thunderbird will
    >> not let
    >> you use or access main Thunderbird window.

    > This happens only if you set a master password.

    Thanks for the answer, but I did not set any master password. All my
    passwords are used to sign in on software start up, when Thunderbird is
    accessing my accounts in the main window after selecting the user I want
    to work. So it never asks a password to accesses the main window.

    --
    Martin W.Riedel
    martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    Skype martin_riedel08

  6. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    _Martin Werner Riedel_ spoke thusly on 31/07/2006 1:22 PM:
    > I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    > access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    > can access both profiles and can access all messages.

    https://nic-nac-project.de/~kaosmos/...ssword-en.html
    (use the RDF version)
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  7. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    > Sirs.Good day!
    >
    > I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    > access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    > can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >

    > I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    > as possible.
    >
    > Martin Werner Riedel
    > martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    > Skype martin_riedel08

    I think you should try this one "ProfilePassword 0.7.3" :
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1801

  8. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Nir wrote:
    > Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    >> Sirs.Good day!
    >>
    >> I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    >> access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    >> can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >>

    >> I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    >> as possible.
    >>
    >> Martin Werner Riedel
    >> martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    >> Skype martin_riedel08

    > I think you should try this one "ProfilePassword 0.7.3" :
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1801

    .....after installing this extension, goto Tools>extensions. Select
    "ProfilePassword" , right click on it, select 'preference'. Set a password.

  9. Re: Password for entereing a Profile

    Nir escreveu:
    > Nir wrote:
    >> Martin Werner Riedel wrote:
    >>> Sirs.Good day!
    >>>
    >>> I would like to know the possibility to insert a password when you
    >>> access the profile window. On my user name, I have 2 users and any one
    >>> can access both profiles and can access all messages.
    >>>

    >>> I thank You for Your attention end I am waiting for Yous answer as sun
    >>> as possible.
    >>>
    >>> Martin Werner Riedel
    >>> martin_riedel@estadao.com.br
    >>> Skype martin_riedel08

    >> I think you should try this one "ProfilePassword 0.7.3" :
    >> http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=1801

    > ....after installing this extension, goto Tools>extensions. Select
    > "ProfilePassword" , right click on it, select 'preference'. Set a password.

    Thanks allot, I instated the extension You wrote and it works as
    expected. Once more I get a quick answer from Mozilla and solve my
    problems. Thunderbird and Firefox are the really Best.

    --
    Best Regard
    Martin W.Riedel
    martin_riedel@estadao.com.br