Filters - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Filters - Mozilla ; I am only learning to speak Thunderbird. I have set up a filter rule called "Blocked Senders," in which I can add certain annoying listserv people whom I don't want to fool with unsubscribing. Fine. I have it in mind ...

  1. Filters

    I am only learning to speak Thunderbird. I have set up a filter rule
    called "Blocked Senders," in which I can add certain annoying listserv
    people whom I don't want to fool with unsubscribing. Fine.

    I have it in mind that anything which lands in my inbox, which
    Thunderbird thinks is junk, should not land in my inbox, but instead
    land in Junk.

    Can I get a tip on how to achieve this? Any advice will be gratefully
    appreciated.

    P D Sterling
    Dallas TX

  2. Re: Filters

    _P D Sterling_ spoke thusly on 07/07/2006 1:04 PM:
    > I am only learning to speak Thunderbird. I have set up a filter rule
    > called "Blocked Senders," in which I can add certain annoying listserv
    > people whom I don't want to fool with unsubscribing. Fine.
    >
    > I have it in mind that anything which lands in my inbox, which
    > Thunderbird thinks is junk, should not land in my inbox, but instead
    > land in Junk.
    >
    > Can I get a tip on how to achieve this? Any advice will be gratefully
    > appreciated.

    Go to Tools-->Junk Mail Controls
    Check mark "Move incoming messages determined to by junk to".
    For more info, see:

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Filters

    Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _P D Sterling_ spoke thusly on 07/07/2006 1:04 PM:
    >> I am only learning to speak Thunderbird. I have set up a filter rule
    >> called "Blocked Senders," in which I can add certain annoying listserv
    >> people whom I don't want to fool with unsubscribing. Fine.
    >>
    >> I have it in mind that anything which lands in my inbox, which
    >> Thunderbird thinks is junk, should not land in my inbox, but instead
    >> land in Junk.
    >>
    >> Can I get a tip on how to achieve this? Any advice will be gratefully
    >> appreciated.

    > Go to Tools-->Junk Mail Controls
    > Check mark "Move incoming messages determined to by junk to".
    > For more info, see:

    many thanks for the tip - I have done that and it works!! ;-)

    pds

+ Reply to Thread