Lost Contact list upon update (distribution lists and addresses) - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Lost Contact list upon update (distribution lists and addresses) - Mozilla ; Upgraded to the newest version of Thunderbird. Launched it and my address book was empty. Not in the trash.......... Help!, where did my data go? JP...

  1. Lost Contact list upon update (distribution lists and addresses)

    Upgraded to the newest version of Thunderbird. Launched it and my
    address book was empty. Not in the trash..........

    Help!, where did my data go?

    JP

  2. Re: Lost Contact list upon update (distribution lists and addresses)

    On 15.06.2006 05:22 pm, CET - what odd quirk of fate caused Jeff
    Paddock to generate the following:? :

    > Upgraded to the newest version of Thunderbird. Launched it and my
    > address book was empty. Not in the trash..........
    >
    > Help!, where did my data go?
    >
    > JP

    did you create a new profile?? that's one of the usual mistakes made....

    reg

  3. Re: Lost Contact list upon update (distribution lists and addresses)

    _Jeff Paddock_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 11:22 AM:
    > Upgraded to the newest version of Thunderbird. Launched it and my
    > address book was empty. Not in the trash..........
    >
    > Help!, where did my data go?

    Messages and settings are still intact, but just the address book is
    reset? That's odd.
    Try this:
    - Close Mozilla Thunderbird
    - Go to your profile folder[1], and move abook.mab to a safe location.
    - Start Thunderbird, and open the address book window (This should
    create a new file in your profile folder). Close Thunderbird.
    - Using a text editor, such as Notepad, open both your old and new
    abook.mab files. In the old one, you'll approximately 25 lines of header
    info, followed by a blank line, then another section which contains your
    address book entries.
    - Copy and paste everything after that first blank line into your new
    abook.mab file to replace everything underneath the first blank line in
    your new abook.mab.

    [1]
    --
    Chris Ilias