Thunderbird Auto Restart - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Thunderbird Auto Restart - Mozilla ; _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 7:09 PM: > How do you find the build ID for FF? Same method for both apps: Help-->About Mozilla Firefox Help-->About Thunderbird -- Chris Ilias mozilla.test.multimedia moderator Mozilla links (Please do not email me ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35

  1. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  2. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    _gwtc_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 7:46 PM:
    > So, tell us Chris [or anyone else], which is correct for the Safe Mode
    > icon. Does it say Mozilla Thunderbird [with no extension] as Pete
    > says. Or does it say Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode as my icon says.
    >
    > Inquiring minds need to know. :-)

    "Mozilla Thunderbird(No Extensions)"
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  3. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    _Alain_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 10:04 PM:
    > I have, in this order:
    > Mozilla Thunderbird
    > Mozilla Thunderbird (No Extention)
    > Mozilla Thunderbird (Safe Mode) <--- copy this one to your desktop for
    > faster access

    What's the target for each of them?
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  4. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >> gwtc typed the following on 6/13/2006 7:07 PM:

    >>> in windows, it says "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5

    >> Start > All Programs > Mozilla Thunderbird > Mozilla Thunderbird (No
    >> Extensions)"
    >>
    >> I kid you not!
    >>

    > well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one that says
    > "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >
    > To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5" and
    > nothing else
    >
    > I kid YOU not!!!! :-)

    I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    extensions.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

  5. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>> gwtc typed the following on 6/13/2006 7:07 PM:

    >>> Start > All Programs > Mozilla Thunderbird > Mozilla Thunderbird (No
    >>> Extensions)"
    >>>
    >>> I kid you not!
    >>>

    >> well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one that says
    >> "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >>
    >> To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5" and
    >> nothing else
    >>
    >> I kid YOU not!!!! :-)
    >>

    > I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    > extensions.

    I'm running XP and TB 1504 and I've got both the "Safe Mode" and the
    "(no extensions)" in my menu.

    the safe mode one is listed first.

    Kenn

  6. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>
    >>>gwtc typed the following on 6/13/2006 7:07 PM:

    >>>Start > All Programs > Mozilla Thunderbird > Mozilla Thunderbird (No
    >>>Extensions)"
    >>>
    >>>I kid you not!
    >>>

    >>well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one that says
    >>"Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >>
    >>To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5" and
    >>nothing else
    >>
    >>I kid YOU not!!!! :-)
    >>

    > I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    > extensions.

    interesting that would make the differences -- win98 says Safe Mode --
    I guess????

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #8: Just where is the "any" key anyway? See
    http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anykey0eh.jpg for details.

  7. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    _Irwin Greenwald_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 12:59 AM:
    > I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    > extensions.

    Most likely, it's just a remnant from Thunderbird 1.0.x.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  8. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Chris Ilias wrote:

    > _Irwin Greenwald_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 12:59 AM:
    >
    >>I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    >>extensions.

    > Most likely, it's just a remnant from Thunderbird 1.0.x.

    its not for me. I have both TB 1.0.8 and TB 1.5.0.4 installed and in
    separate folders.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #8: Just where is the "any" key anyway? See
    http://img145.imageshack.us/my.php?image=anykey0eh.jpg for details.

  9. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Kenn wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one that says
    >>> "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >>>
    >>> To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla Thunderbird 1.5"
    >>> and nothing else
    >>>
    >>> I kid YOU not!!!! :-)
    >>>

    >> I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    >> extensions.
    >>

    > I'm running XP and TB 1504 and I've got both the "Safe Mode" and the
    > "(no extensions)" in my menu.
    >
    > the safe mode one is listed first.
    >
    > Kenn

    This could be because you moved/copied the new install start menu folder
    information to the older one when you added the new version. This can
    result in having both entries in the start menu.

  10. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Kenn wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP says no
    >>> extensions.
    >>>

    >> I'm running XP and TB 1504 and I've got both the "Safe Mode" and the
    >> "(no extensions)" in my menu.
    >>
    >> the safe mode one is listed first.
    >>
    >> Kenn

    > This could be because you moved/copied the new install start menu folder
    > information to the older one when you added the new version. This can
    > result in having both entries in the start menu.

    It could be, except I didn't do that.

    I did, however do re-install - that was before I found out re-installing
    doesn't touch the profiles.

    And I've done at least one upgrade manually.

    Kenn

  11. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Irwin Greenwald typed the following on 6/15/2006 12:59 AM:
    > gwtc wrote:

    >>> Start > All Programs > Mozilla Thunderbird > Mozilla
    >>> Thunderbird (No Extensions)"
    >>>
    >>> I kid you not!
    >>>

    >> well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one
    >> that says "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >>
    >> To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla
    >> Thunderbird 1.5" and nothing else
    >>
    >> I kid YOU not!!!! :-)
    >>

    > I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP
    > says no extensions.

    XP SP2

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing
    area in a pool."
    --Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

  12. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Chris Ilias typed the following on 6/14/2006 11:48 PM:
    > _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 7:09 PM:
    >> How do you find the build ID for FF?

    > Same method for both apps:
    > Help-->About Mozilla Firefox

    Shows version but not build ID.

    > Help-->About Thunderbird

    Shows both.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get
    old. All you have to do is live long enough.
    --Groucho Marx

  13. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Pete Holsberg said the following on 6/15/2006 9:57 AM:
    > Irwin Greenwald typed the following on 6/15/2006 12:59 AM:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> well in mine to start it in safe mode I click on the one
    >>> that says "Mozilla Thunderbird Safe Mode 1.5"
    >>>
    >>> To start TB I click on the one that says "Mozilla
    >>> Thunderbird 1.5" and nothing else
    >>>
    >>> I kid YOU not!!!! :-)
    >>>

    >> I'll bet you two guys are on different OS's! 1.5.0.4 on XP
    >> says no extensions.

    > XP SP2

    I also have both of them. The (Safe Mode) shortcut was created
    10/12/05, the (No Extensions) one 6/3/06. I've always updated on top of
    the previous version, in the default folders.

    Incidentally, both have the same target.

    --
    Charlie in San Francisco

  14. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    _Pete Holsberg_ spoke thusly on 15/06/2006 12:58 PM:

    http://ilias.ca/screenshots/fx-about.png
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  15. Re: Thunderbird Auto Restart

    Chris Ilias nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 14/06/2006 23:52:
    > _Alain_ spoke thusly on 14/06/2006 10:04 PM:
    >> I have, in this order:
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird (No Extention)
    >> Mozilla Thunderbird (Safe Mode) <--- copy this one to your desktop for
    >> faster access

    > What's the target for each of them?

    They are both identical:
    "D:\Internet\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -safe-mode

    Alain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2