How can I SEE digital sig's? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on How can I SEE digital sig's? - Mozilla ; I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally, but how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the message i'm reading is signed?...

  1. How can I SEE digital sig's?

    I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally, but
    how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the message
    i'm reading is signed?

  2. Re: How can I SEE digital sig's?

    YB said the following on 11/06/2006 12:27:
    > I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally, but
    > how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the message
    > i'm reading is signed?

    I've just sent you an email that is digitally signed. The sig should
    show as an attachment to the email. You can also test this out by
    sending yourself a digitally signed email.

    I'm using T'bird 2 alpha and note that you can only see the attachment
    when the email is open (rather than in preview). Also the email does not
    show as having an attachment (no paper clip in the attachment column).
    Is this a bug?

  3. Re: How can I SEE digital sig's?

    On 6/11/2006 6:26 AM, Colin Grant wrote the following and I, Dennis
    Marks, have replied at the bottom:
    > YB said the following on 11/06/2006 12:27:
    >> I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally,
    >> but how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the
    >> message i'm reading is signed?

    > I've just sent you an email that is digitally signed. The sig should
    > show as an attachment to the email. You can also test this out by
    > sending yourself a digitally signed email.
    >
    > I'm using T'bird 2 alpha and note that you can only see the attachment
    > when the email is open (rather than in preview). Also the email does not
    > show as having an attachment (no paper clip in the attachment column).
    > Is this a bug?

    I've noticed that if a news message is signed there will be a pen
    writing a squiggle in the expanded headers bar. When it is clicked it
    shows the signature details. The same may be true for email.

    --
    Dennis M. Marks

    Disclaimer: The above is my opinion. I do not guarantee it. Be sure to
    back up any files involved and use at your own risk. Batteries not
    included. Not for internal use. Don't run with knives.

  4. Re: How can I SEE digital sig's?

    Dennis Marks said the following on 11/06/2006 15:44:
    > On 6/11/2006 6:26 AM, Colin Grant wrote the following and I, Dennis
    > Marks, have replied at the bottom:
    >> YB said the following on 11/06/2006 12:27:
    >>> I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally,
    >>> but how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the
    >>> message i'm reading is signed?

    >> I've just sent you an email that is digitally signed. The sig should
    >> show as an attachment to the email. You can also test this out by
    >> sending yourself a digitally signed email.
    >>
    >> I'm using T'bird 2 alpha and note that you can only see the attachment
    >> when the email is open (rather than in preview). Also the email does
    >> not show as having an attachment (no paper clip in the attachment
    >> column). Is this a bug?

    > I've noticed that if a news message is signed there will be a pen
    > writing a squiggle in the expanded headers bar. When it is clicked it
    > shows the signature details. The same may be true for email.

    That is absolutely right, you can only see the little pen if the header
    bar is expanded. Shame that there is no other way of knowing the message
    is "signed" - treating it as an attachment would help.

  5. Re: How can I SEE digital sig's?

    Colin Grant wrote:
    > Dennis Marks said the following on 11/06/2006 15:44:
    >
    >>On 6/11/2006 6:26 AM, Colin Grant wrote the following and I, Dennis
    >>Marks, have replied at the bottom:

    >>>I've just sent you an email that is digitally signed. The sig should
    >>>show as an attachment to the email. You can also test this out by
    >>>sending yourself a digitally signed email.
    >>>
    >>>I'm using T'bird 2 alpha and note that you can only see the attachment
    >>>when the email is open (rather than in preview). Also the email does
    >>>not show as having an attachment (no paper clip in the attachment
    >>>column). Is this a bug?

    >>I've noticed that if a news message is signed there will be a pen
    >>writing a squiggle in the expanded headers bar. When it is clicked it
    >>shows the signature details. The same may be true for email.
    >>

    > That is absolutely right, you can only see the little pen if the header
    > bar is expanded. Shame that there is no other way of knowing the message
    > is "signed" - treating it as an attachment would help.

    I use Mozilla Suite, and when I get a signed message, I get an
    indication on the bottom left of the status bar. It took me a long
    time to figure out what that was, then I clicked on it and it gave me
    the details about the signed message.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #5: If a food processor slices and dices
    food, what does a word processor do?

  6. Re: How can I SEE digital sig's?

    _YB_ spoke thusly on 11/06/2006 7:27 AM:
    > I want to ask you guys a question, i sign my messages digitally, but
    > how can i see on any server or web browser like firefox if the message
    > i'm reading is signed?

    That depends on what the recipient is using to read messages, and how
    the message is signed.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator