Start page - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Start page - Mozilla ; Does anyone know of a button that would bring up the Start Page in the message window similar to the Home button for Firefox? I have a nice image/graphic as my Start Page, but since I leave my Thunderbird "on" ...

  1. Start page

    Does anyone know of a button that would bring up the Start Page in the
    message window similar to the Home button for Firefox? I have a nice
    image/graphic as my Start Page, but since I leave my Thunderbird "on"
    all of the time, it only shows up when I restart Thunderbird. I would
    like to be able to switch to the Start Page rather than the last message
    viewed. Alternatively, does anyone know the commands I could use to
    create it with the Customizable Toolbar Buttons extension?

    Al

  2. Re: Start page

    On 6/10/2006 10:11 AM, Al Bert wrote:
    > Does anyone know of a button that would bring up the Start Page in the
    > message window similar to the Home button for Firefox? I have a nice
    > image/graphic as my Start Page, but since I leave my Thunderbird "on"
    > all of the time, it only shows up when I restart Thunderbird. I would
    > like to be able to switch to the Start Page rather than the last message
    > viewed. Alternatively, does anyone know the commands I could use to
    > create it with the Customizable Toolbar Buttons extension?
    >
    > Al

    Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can try the key sequence
    Alt, G, S to invoke the Go to Mail Start Page option from the menu.

  3. Re: Start page

    Dan Howard wrote:

    > On 6/10/2006 10:11 AM, Al Bert wrote:
    >> Does anyone know of a button that would bring up the Start Page in the
    >> message window similar to the Home button for Firefox? I have a nice
    >> image/graphic as my Start Page, but since I leave my Thunderbird "on"
    >> all of the time, it only shows up when I restart Thunderbird. I would
    >> like to be able to switch to the Start Page rather than the last
    >> message viewed. Alternatively, does anyone know the commands I could
    >> use to create it with the Customizable Toolbar Buttons extension?
    >>
    >> Al

    > Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can try the key sequence
    > Alt, G, S to invoke the Go to Mail Start Page option from the menu.

    Yes, that's the idea. Now if I could only set that up as a button on
    the toolbar. Your suggestion will work in the interim.
    Thanks.

  4. Re: Start page

    Al Bert wrote:

    > Dan Howard wrote:
    >
    >> On 6/10/2006 10:11 AM, Al Bert wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know of a button that would bring up the Start Page in
    >>> the message window similar to the Home button for Firefox? I have a
    >>> nice image/graphic as my Start Page, but since I leave my Thunderbird
    >>> "on" all of the time, it only shows up when I restart Thunderbird. I
    >>> would like to be able to switch to the Start Page rather than the
    >>> last message viewed. Alternatively, does anyone know the commands I
    >>> could use to create it with the Customizable Toolbar Buttons extension?
    >>>
    >>> Al

    >> Not exactly what you're looking for, but you can try the key sequence
    >> Alt, G, S to invoke the Go to Mail Start Page option from the menu.

    > Yes, that's the idea. Now if I could only set that up as a button on
    > the toolbar. Your suggestion will work in the interim.
    > Thanks.

    Found the command in the mailWindowsOverlay.xul file and managed to
    create a button on the toolbar that takes me to the Start Page.

+ Reply to Thread