Hughes satellite latency problem - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Hughes satellite latency problem - Mozilla ; Hi, I have a customer with Hughes satellite and Thunderbird. She times out a lot sending and receiving. The satellite has at least a two second, if not more, delay on everything you upload to it. Is there some setting ...

  1. Hughes satellite latency problem

    Hi,

    I have a customer with Hughes satellite and Thunderbird.
    She times out a lot sending and receiving. The satellite has
    at least a two second, if not more, delay on everything
    you upload to it. Is there some setting in Thunderbird that
    will make it more tolerant of these delays?

    -T

  2. Re: Hughes satellite latency problem

    T-bird Leader Todd and Margo Chester radioed the tower On 6/9/2006 7:17 PM:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a customer with Hughes satellite and Thunderbird.
    > She times out a lot sending and receiving. The satellite has
    > at least a two second, if not more, delay on everything
    > you upload to it. Is there some setting in Thunderbird that
    > will make it more tolerant of these delays?
    >
    > -T

    Yes. By use of about:config filter for TCP and this pref should show.
    mailnews.tcptimeout
    The default is around 90 and can be bumped up to over 120 to deal with the
    latancy.

    --
    Ron K.
    Don't be a fonted, it's just type casting.

+ Reply to Thread