Newsgroup Name Abbreviation - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Newsgroup Name Abbreviation - Mozilla ; I have found how to keep TB from abbreviating the names of newsgroups. Is there anyway to modify that behavior per account? For example, I would like it to abbreviate the names for the mozilla.support.xxx newsgroups, but not the other ...

  1. Newsgroup Name Abbreviation

    I have found how to keep TB from abbreviating the names of newsgroups.

    Is there anyway to modify that behavior per account? For example, I
    would like it to abbreviate the names for the mozilla.support.xxx
    newsgroups, but not the other newsgroups that I monitor.

    Also, is there some way to modify what portion of the address it
    abbreviates? I have a couple newsgroups of the form xxx.xxx.xxx, and I
    would like to abbreviate to x.xxx.xxx instead of x.x.xxx

    I hope that this is clear enough.

    Thanks for any input!

    --Kerouac

  2. Re: Newsgroup Name Abbreviation

    Kerouac Cleary wrote:

    > I have found how to keep TB from abbreviating the names of newsgroups.
    >
    > Is there anyway to modify that behavior per account? For example, I
    > would like it to abbreviate the names for the mozilla.support.xxx
    > newsgroups, but not the other newsgroups that I monitor.
    >
    > Also, is there some way to modify what portion of the address it
    > abbreviates? I have a couple newsgroups of the form xxx.xxx.xxx, and I
    > would like to abbreviate to x.xxx.xxx instead of x.x.xxx
    >
    > I hope that this is clear enough.
    >
    > Thanks for any input!
    >
    > --Kerouac

    I haven't got a clue, but maybe mnenhy might do what you want,
    otherwise I don't know: http://mnenhy.mozdev.org/

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #3: Do Viruses ever get sick?

  3. Re: Newsgroup Name Abbreviation

    _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 9:20 AM:
    > I have found how to keep TB from abbreviating the names of newsgroups.
    >
    > Is there anyway to modify that behavior per account? For example, I
    > would like it to abbreviate the names for the mozilla.support.xxx
    > newsgroups, but not the other newsgroups that I monitor.
    >
    > Also, is there some way to modify what portion of the address it
    > abbreviates? I have a couple newsgroups of the form xxx.xxx.xxx, and I
    > would like to abbreviate to x.xxx.xxx instead of x.x.xxx

    mail.server.server#.abbreviate

    # = the number assigned to the server. You can find out the number, by
    looking at other preferences.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  4. Re: Newsgroup Name Abbreviation

    On 6/9/2006 3:34 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 9:20 AM:
    >> I have found how to keep TB from abbreviating the names of newsgroups.
    >>
    >> Is there anyway to modify that behavior per account? For example, I
    >> would like it to abbreviate the names for the mozilla.support.xxx
    >> newsgroups, but not the other newsgroups that I monitor.
    >>
    >> Also, is there some way to modify what portion of the address it
    >> abbreviates? I have a couple newsgroups of the form xxx.xxx.xxx, and
    >> I would like to abbreviate to x.xxx.xxx instead of x.x.xxx

    > mail.server.server#.abbreviate
    >
    > # = the number assigned to the server. You can find out the number, by
    > looking at other preferences.

    Worked perfectly. Thank you very much!

    --Kerouac

+ Reply to Thread