Address Book Entries for Newsgroups - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Address Book Entries for Newsgroups - Mozilla ; I have set up a private newsgroup for inter-office communications. The point of this is to allow individuals to forward messages they have received to a commonly accessible location. One problem I am having is that I can't get TB ...

  1. Address Book Entries for Newsgroups

    I have set up a private newsgroup for inter-office communications. The
    point of this is to allow individuals to forward messages they have
    received to a commonly accessible location.

    One problem I am having is that I can't get TB to autofill a newsgroup
    address even when the entry is setup in the Address Book.

    Is there some way to do this?

    Thanks!

    --Kerouac

  2. Re: Address Book Entries for Newsgroups

    _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 9:00 AM:
    > I have set up a private newsgroup for inter-office communications. The
    > point of this is to allow individuals to forward messages they have
    > received to a commonly accessible location.
    >
    > One problem I am having is that I can't get TB to autofill a newsgroup
    > address even when the entry is setup in the Address Book.

    The address book is not for newsgroups.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator

  3. Re: Address Book Entries for Newsgroups

    On 6/9/2006 3:32 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 9:00 AM:
    >> I have set up a private newsgroup for inter-office communications.
    >> The point of this is to allow individuals to forward messages they
    >> have received to a commonly accessible location.
    >>
    >> One problem I am having is that I can't get TB to autofill a newsgroup
    >> address even when the entry is setup in the Address Book.

    > The address book is not for newsgroups.

    Thank you for clarifying. Is this something that may be supported at a
    future date? Would this be worthy of a bug submittal (if not allready
    done)?

    --Kerouac

  4. Re: Address Book Entries for Newsgroups

    _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 5:15 PM:
    > Thank you for clarifying. Is this something that may be supported at a
    > future date? Would this be worthy of a bug submittal (if not allready
    > done)?

    There's already a bug filed for autocomplete in the newsgroup field.
    --
    Chris Ilias
    mozilla.test.multimedia moderator
    Mozilla links

  5. Re: Address Book Entries for Newsgroups

    On 6/9/2006 5:30 PM, Chris Ilias wrote:
    > _Kerouac Cleary_ spoke thusly on 09/06/2006 5:15 PM:
    >> Thank you for clarifying. Is this something that may be supported at
    >> a future date? Would this be worthy of a bug submittal (if not
    >> allready done)?

    > There's already a bug filed for autocomplete in the newsgroup field.

    Okay, thank you. I see that I need to get better at searching bugzilla
    before asking such questions.

    Have a great weekend!

    --Kerouac

+ Reply to Thread