Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"? - Mozilla ; I added some rules hoping to mark new entries that contain certain keywords without success. But if I manually apply the rules to folders, they work. Is this normal or have I missed something?...

  1. Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    I added some rules hoping to mark new entries that contain certain
    keywords without success. But if I manually apply the rules to folders,
    they work. Is this normal or have I missed something?

  2. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    Works for me. I create a filter in the News & Blogs account (you know
    you can apply filters to different accounts, right?). And a separate
    folder within News & Folders to send "copies" of feeds with keywords
    specified in the filter.

    Michel Fortin
    http://MichelFortin.com

    finalpatch wrote:
    > I added some rules hoping to mark new entries that contain certain
    > keywords without success. But if I manually apply the rules to
    > folders, they work. Is this normal or have I missed something?

  3. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    goodwin said the following on 09/06/2006 17:09:
    > On 6/9/2006 5:34 AM finalpatch scribbled:
    >
    >> I added some rules hoping to mark new entries that contain certain
    >> keywords without success. But if I manually apply the rules to folders,
    >> they work. Is this normal or have I missed something?

    > Not sure I follow...
    > Also don't know about blogs, but with ngs, filters are applied while
    > messages are downloaded. Filters created while accessing the ng, apply
    > when you /next/ access the group being filtered. /Sounds/ like the
    > behavior you cite is normal.

    Remember, you can apply rules to either your Local Folders or your
    higher identity/account (My mail in my own case). I have found that the
    latter works as mail is received whilst the former (Local Folders) has
    to be run manually.

  4. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    Michel Fortin wrote:
    > Works for me. I create a filter in the News & Blogs account (you know
    > you can apply filters to different accounts, right?). And a separate
    > folder within News & Folders to send "copies" of feeds with keywords
    > specified in the filter.
    >
    > Michel Fortin
    > http://MichelFortin.com

    Weird, I created filters to flag blog entries but they seems never get
    triggered while updating feeds. I'm sure the filters is created for the
    "News & Blogs" account.

  5. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    I didn't try flagging, but I do have filters that send copies of
    messages containing the keyword into a separate subfolder I created
    under News & Blogs specifically for that purpose. Works like a charm.

    Michel Fortin
    MichelFortin.com

    finalpatch wrote:
    > Michel Fortin wrote:
    >> Works for me. I create a filter in the News & Blogs account (you know
    >> you can apply filters to different accounts, right?). And a separate
    >> folder within News & Folders to send "copies" of feeds with keywords
    >> specified in the filter.
    >>
    >> Michel Fortin
    >> http://MichelFortin.com
    >>

    > Weird, I created filters to flag blog entries but they seems never get
    > triggered while updating feeds. I'm sure the filters is created for
    > the "News & Blogs" account.

  6. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    Michel Fortin wrote:
    > I didn't try flagging, but I do have filters that send copies of
    > messages containing the keyword into a separate subfolder I created
    > under News & Blogs specifically for that purpose. Works like a charm.

    Thanks for your input. I'll try your way and see if it works for me.

  7. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    Michel Fortin wrote:
    > I didn't try flagging, but I do have filters that send copies of
    > messages containing the keyword into a separate subfolder I created
    > under News & Blogs specifically for that purpose. Works like a charm.

    Well, it seems every other action works fine except "Mark as flagged".
    Now I just use "Mark as important" instead. It looks like a bug of TB.

  8. Re: Message filters do not apply to "News & Blogs"?

    finalpatch wrote:
    > Michel Fortin wrote:
    >> I didn't try flagging, but I do have filters that send copies of
    >> messages containing the keyword into a separate subfolder I created
    >> under News & Blogs specifically for that purpose. Works like a charm.

    > Well, it seems every other action works fine except "Mark as flagged".
    > Now I just use "Mark as important" instead. It looks like a bug of TB.

    Yes; this is a known bug. Bugzilla.mozilla.org is not responding now,
    so I can't look it up.

+ Reply to Thread