Virus checking pb in TB? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Virus checking pb in TB? - Mozilla ; Hi! I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 in Windows XP Home SP2. All mail messages are checked by AVG 7.1 but not the group messages. How can this checking be activated? Thank you for your appreciated help....

  1. Virus checking pb in TB?

    Hi! I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 in Windows XP Home SP2. All mail messages
    are checked by AVG 7.1 but not the group messages. How can this checking
    be activated? Thank you for your appreciated help.

  2. Re: Virus checking pb in TB?

    Jacques Courtois wrote:

    > Hi! I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 in Windows XP Home SP2. All mail messages
    > are checked by AVG 7.1 but not the group messages. How can this checking
    > be activated? Thank you for your appreciated help.

    Um why?
    Newsgroup messages (and email messages for that matter) are NOT
    dangerous. just dont open any attachments included therein. Since most
    newsgroups are plain text anyway, with no binary files allowed, you dont need
    to check newsgroup messages.

  3. Re: Virus checking pb in TB?

    Jacques Courtois nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09/06/2006 05:39:
    > Hi! I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 in Windows XP Home SP2. All mail messages
    > are checked by AVG 7.1 but not the group messages. How can this checking
    > be activated? Thank you for your appreciated help.

    It's prety dificult to automate as news messages and eventual attachments are only loaded when you
    access a given message.
    When looking binaries groups, I never directly open attachments directly. I always save them in some
    quarantine folder. I then scan that folder, THEN I open those files that I want to.

    Alain

  4. Re: Virus checking pb in TB?

    Alain a écrit :
    > Jacques Courtois nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 09/06/2006 05:39:
    >> Hi! I run Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 in Windows XP Home SP2. All mail
    >> messages are checked by AVG 7.1 but not the group messages. How can
    >> this checking be activated? Thank you for your appreciated help.

    > It's prety dificult to automate as news messages and eventual
    > attachments are only loaded when you access a given message.
    > When looking binaries groups, I never directly open attachments
    > directly. I always save them in some quarantine folder. I then scan that
    > folder, THEN I open those files that I want to.
    >
    > Alain

    Thanks, Alain and Dan, for your clear explanation.

+ Reply to Thread