still having trouble with the install of thunderbird - Mozilla

This is a discussion on still having trouble with the install of thunderbird - Mozilla ; Hello, everyone. I downloaded and installed thunderbird the other day for the first time. The problem I'm having is that when I alt f-4 to get out of the program and then go back into it, I still get the ...

  1. still having trouble with the install of thunderbird

    Hello, everyone. I downloaded and installed thunderbird the
    other day for the first time. The problem I'm having is that when I alt
    f-4 to get out of the program and then go back into it, I still get the
    same dialog as if I need to install it again. I tried hitting alt
    control L to bring up the file manager but it didn't work. Is there
    something else I can try? Thanks for your help in advance.
    Rosemarie

  2. Re: still having trouble with the install of thunderbird

    Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:

    > Hello, everyone. I downloaded and installed thunderbird the
    > other day for the first time. The problem I'm having is that when I alt
    > f-4 to get out of the program and then go back into it, I still get the
    > same dialog as if I need to install it again. I tried hitting alt
    > control L to bring up the file manager but it didn't work. Is there
    > something else I can try? Thanks for your help in advance.
    > Rosemarie

    when you closed TB it didn't shut down properly. It may still be
    running in the background, but you can't see it. So, when you get
    that dialog, cancel it, bring up the task manager [ctrl+alt+del] and
    end TB that way. Now restart TB. Does this solve the problem? And
    next time, don't Alt+F4 to close it. Instead, click on File, Exit

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

  3. Re: still having trouble with the install of thunderbird

    Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
    > Hello, everyone. I downloaded and installed thunderbird the other
    > day for the first time. The problem I'm having is that when I alt f-4
    > to get out of the program and then go back into it, I still get the same
    > dialog as if I need to install it again. I tried hitting alt control L
    > to bring up the file manager but it didn't work. Is there something
    > else I can try? Thanks for your help in advance.
    > Rosemarie

    Rosemarie:

    This is your third posting of this problem. Please respond to the
    outstanding questions in the original post.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    Managing TB Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/profile
    Managing FF Profiles: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

+ Reply to Thread