What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF - Mozilla

This is a discussion on What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF - Mozilla ; xposted. could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded in the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/ Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF. Thanks. -- Rawat...

  1. What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    --
    Rawat

  2. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    V S Rawat wrote:

    > xposted.
    >
    > could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded in
    > the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    > Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    >
    > Thanks.

    There's not much in the way of F-keys, but you can find some keyboard
    shortcuts here:

    TB: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

  3. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    for FF: FF: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

  4. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    V S Rawat wrote in
    :

    > could someone please send me to some url that describes what is
    > coded in the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their
    > Ctrl/ Shift/ Alt combo?

    > For TB as well as FF.

  5. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    gwtc wrote:

    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >
    > > xposted.
    > >
    > > could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded in
    > > the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    > > Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > for FF: FF: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
    >
    > --
    > Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    > computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

    The answer to the sig is simple.
    The users outnumber the programmers by a huge number.

    Lou

  6. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    On 6/8/2006 12:25 PM India Time, _gwtc_ wrote:

    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >
    >> xposted.
    >>
    >> could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded in
    >> the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    >> Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > There's not much in the way of F-keys, but you can find some keyboard
    > shortcuts here:
    >
    > TB: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard

    whoaa.

    when I click at the "window" link on the above page, I got transferred
    to http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/winkeys that reads
    -----------start
    /* css for hiding keyboard shortcuts for linux and mac (only show for
    windows) */
    @import url("http://mozilla.org/css/base/content.css");
    @import url("http://mozilla.org/css/cavendish/content.css");
    @import url("http://mozilla.org/css/base/template.css");
    @import url("http://mozilla.org/css/cavendish/template.css");

    @import url("../support.css");

    ..kb_l, .kb_m, .kb_h { display: none !important;}
    ..kb_w, .kb_wl { display: inline !important;}
    li#windows {font-weight: bold;}
    ------------------end

    using FF 1.5.

    what did I do wrongly?

    --
    Rawat

  7. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    V S Rawat wrote:

    > On 6/8/2006 12:25 PM India Time, _gwtc_ wrote:
    >

    >>V S Rawat wrote:
    >>

    >>>xposted.
    >>>
    >>>could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded in
    >>> the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    >>>Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>There's not much in the way of F-keys, but you can find some keyboard
    >>shortcuts here:
    >>
    >>TB: http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/keyboard
    >>

    > whoaa.
    >
    > when I click at the "window" link on the above page, I got transferred
    > to http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/winkeys that reads
    > -----------start

    > what did I do wrongly?

    beats me. If you click windows then you should have been shown the
    keyboard shortcuts for windows. Just like if you clicked Linux, then
    you should have been shown the keyboard shortcuts for linus. I have
    no idea what you got or how you got it.

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks

  8. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    gwtc wrote:
    > V S Rawat wrote:
    >
    >> xposted.
    >>
    >> could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded
    >> in the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    >> Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > for FF: FF: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard

    Is there a more complete version of this? For example ctl+L does not
    appear to be listed.

    --
    Bob Bailey
    WinXP, SP2, FF 1.5.0.1, TBird 1.5

  9. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    Bob Bailey wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>V S Rawat wrote:
    >>

    >>>xposted.
    >>>
    >>>could someone please send me to some url that describes what is coded
    >>>in the 12 function keys (F1-F12) of keyboard, and with their Ctrl/
    >>>Shift/ Alt combo? For TB as well as FF.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.

    >>for FF: FF: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
    >>

    > Is there a more complete version of this? For example ctl+L does not
    > appear to be listed.

    I see it there, why don't you?

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #2: How come programmers find it so easy to
    master the special language that runs computers, yet those same folks
    who write the technical manuals for the rest of us have no grip on
    simple English?

  10. Re: What do Function Keys do in TB/ FF

    gwtc wrote:
    > Bob Bailey wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> for FF: FF: http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/keyboard
    >>>

    >> Is there a more complete version of this? For example ctl+L does not
    >> appear to be listed.
    >>

    > I see it there, why don't you?

    Now I do. Search function does not find "ctrl+l" or "ctrl+L".

    Thanks.

    --
    Bob Bailey
    WinXP, SP2, FF 1.5.0.1, TBird 1.5