us-international keyboard - Mozilla

This is a discussion on us-international keyboard - Mozilla ; I use the us-international keyboard in windows, it allows me to type accented characters on a us keyboard. since the last update 1.5.0.4 it doesn't work in TB. does anybody else have this problem? -- Marko Jotic "Common sense is ...

  1. us-international keyboard

    --
    Marko Jotic
    "Common sense is anything but common".

  2. Re: us-international keyboard

    On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:23:43 -0400, in message
    ,
    Marko Jotic wrote:

    > I use the us-international keyboard in windows, it allows me to type
    > accented characters on a us keyboard. since the last update 1.5.0.4 it
    > doesn't work in TB.
    >
    > does anybody else have this problem?

    Works for me (mostly).

    These things all work for me -- if I use the SHIFT key to generate the
    upper case letters.

    NO SHIFT KEY SHIFT KEY
    -------------- --------------
    " + e => " + E =>
    ' + e -> ' + E =>
    ` + e => ` + E =>
    ' + c => ' + C =>
    AltGr + t => AltGr + T =>
    AltGr + d => AltGr + D =>
    AltGr + z => AltGr + Z =>
    AltGr + l => AltGr + L =>
    AltGr + s => AltGr + S =>

    CAPS LOCK does not work properly with AltGr. This is a reported bug:
    http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=304647
    If I use CAPS LOCK instead of SHIFT, with AltGr, for upper case
    international letters I get only lower case international letters...

    NO CAPS LOCK KEY CAPS LOCK KEY
    -------------- --------------
    AltGr + t => AltGr + T =>
    AltGr + d => AltGr + D =>
    AltGr + z => AltGr + Z =>
    AltGr + l => AltGr + L =>

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

  3. Re: us-international keyboard

    Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 16:23:43 -0400, in message
    > ,
    > Marko Jotic wrote:
    >
    >> I use the us-international keyboard in windows, it allows me to type
    >> accented characters on a us keyboard. since the last update 1.5.0.4 it
    >> doesn't work in TB.
    >>
    >> does anybody else have this problem?

    > Works for me (mostly).
    >
    > These things all work for me -- if I use the SHIFT key to generate the
    > upper case letters.
    >
    > NO SHIFT KEY SHIFT KEY
    > -------------- --------------
    > " + e => ë " + E => Ë
    > ' + e -> é ' + E => É
    > ` + e => è ` + E => È
    > ' + c => ç ' + C => Ç
    > AltGr + t => þ AltGr + T => Þ
    > AltGr + d => ð AltGr + D => Ð
    > AltGr + z => æ AltGr + Z => Æ
    > AltGr + l => ø AltGr + L => Ø
    > AltGr + s => ß AltGr + S => §
    >

    > CAPS LOCK does not work properly with AltGr. This is a reported bug:
    > http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=304647
    > If I use CAPS LOCK instead of SHIFT, with AltGr, for upper case
    > international letters I get only lower case international letters...
    >
    > NO CAPS LOCK KEY CAPS LOCK KEY
    > -------------- --------------
    > AltGr + t => þ AltGr + T => þ
    > AltGr + d => ð AltGr + D => ð
    > AltGr + z => æ AltGr + Z => æ
    > AltGr + l => ø AltGr + L => ø

    funny thing, I retested, it didn't work, but here on the reply it
    started working again

    --
    Marko Jotic
    "Common sense is anything but common".
    From the notebooks of Lazarus Long. Robert A. Heinlein.
    Handmade knives, antique designs, exotic materials at
    http://www.knifeforging.com/

+ Reply to Thread