Forwarding messages - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Forwarding messages - Mozilla ; I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include the lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been ...

  1. Forwarding messages

    I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I
    want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include the
    lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been mailed to.
    However, Thunderbird won't let me delete all of those email addresses. I
    can usually delete the last few but not all of them. Is there some way
    to do this that I am missing?

    Sharon

  2. Re: Forwarding messages

    Sharon wrote:
    > I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I
    > want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include the
    > lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been mailed to.
    > However, Thunderbird won't let me delete all of those email addresses. I
    > can usually delete the last few but not all of them. Is there some way
    > to do this that I am missing?
    >
    > Sharon

    why won't it delete them all? Mine does and without problems --
    hi-lite and delete

    --
    Computer Points to Ponder #1: How come the users can find all the
    computer bugs and not the programmers or analysts?

  3. Re: Forwarding messages

    Sharon wrote:
    > I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I
    > want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include the
    > lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been mailed to.
    > However, Thunderbird won't let me delete all of those email addresses. I
    > can usually delete the last few but not all of them. Is there some way
    > to do this that I am missing?

    This typically occurs when somebody in the forwarding chain forwarded a
    message as an attachment, rather than inline. With TB 2.0, solving this
    problem is a little simpler -- you open the most-nested attachment into
    its own window, then Forward Inline to remove all the previous
    forwarders' info.

    That doesn't work in TB 1.5 (altho the Forward menu item is enabled for
    an opened mail attachment); you can work around it by saving the
    attachment as a .EML file, then opening the .EML file (File|Open) --
    Forward works for an opened .EML file.

  4. Re: Forwarding messages

    Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    > Sharon wrote:
    >> I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I
    >> want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include the
    >> lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been mailed to.
    >> However, Thunderbird won't let me delete all of those email addresses. I
    >> can usually delete the last few but not all of them. Is there some way
    >> to do this that I am missing?

    > This typically occurs when somebody in the forwarding chain forwarded a
    > message as an attachment, rather than inline. With TB 2.0, solving this
    > problem is a little simpler -- you open the most-nested attachment into
    > its own window, then Forward Inline to remove all the previous
    > forwarders' info.
    >
    > That doesn't work in TB 1.5 (altho the Forward menu item is enabled for
    > an opened mail attachment); you can work around it by saving the
    > attachment as a .EML file, then opening the .EML file (File|Open) --
    > Forward works for an opened .EML file.

    A simple way to remove all the previous addressees is to click "Reply"
    instead of "Forward". Delete the reply address that appears and send to
    whomever you wish. By using "Reply" you can delete anything you wish
    from the item being forwarded.

  5. Re: Forwarding messages

    gwtc wrote:
    > Sharon wrote:
    >> I am not big on forwarding emails but occasionally there is one that I
    >> want to forward to a few people. When I do, I don't like to include
    >> the lists of names and addresses that it has formerly been mailed to.
    >> However, Thunderbird won't let me delete all of those email addresses.
    >> I can usually delete the last few but not all of them. Is there some
    >> way to do this that I am missing?
    >>
    >> Sharon

    > why won't it delete them all? Mine does and without problems -- hi-lite
    > and delete

    When I try to forward them just a few of the email addresses show up in
    the email I am forwarding. The rest are not visible, although I can see
    them just fine in the original emails.

+ Reply to Thread