Order of attachments in attachment basket - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Order of attachments in attachment basket - Mozilla ; When I drag-drop many attachments simultaneously from my hdd folder to the attachment basket of my compose window, the order in which the attachments eventually appear in the attachment basket is absolutely random. It does not matter what was the ...

  1. Order of attachments in attachment basket

    When I drag-drop many attachments simultaneously from my hdd folder to
    the attachment basket of my compose window, the order in which the
    attachments eventually appear in the attachment basket is absolutely random.

    It does not matter what was the order of the attachment files in the
    hdd, the order is definitely Not the same as was in hdd.

    And it creates problem if we want the attachments to appear in the mail
    in some particular order. Thus, I end up moving the attachment
    one-by-one to ensure the sequence.

    Is there any method to move the attachments up/down in the attachment
    basket so that we can arrange them as we need.

    If no method does it, I see the possibility of an extension.

    TIA.
    --
    Rawat

  2. Re: Order of attachments in attachment basket

    V S Rawat wrote:

    > When I drag-drop many attachments simultaneously from my hdd folder to
    > the attachment basket of my compose window, the order in which the
    > attachments eventually appear in the attachment basket is absolutely random.
    >
    > It does not matter what was the order of the attachment files in the
    > hdd, the order is definitely Not the same as was in hdd.
    >
    > And it creates problem if we want the attachments to appear in the mail
    > in some particular order. Thus, I end up moving the attachment
    > one-by-one to ensure the sequence.
    >
    > Is there any method to move the attachments up/down in the attachment
    > basket so that we can arrange them as we need.
    >
    > If no method does it, I see the possibility of an extension.
    >
    > TIA.

    This is what I've noticed. I have attachments 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If
    I select 1 to 5, then it attaches as 5 to 1. So, now I click from 5
    to 1, so the attached will come out 1 to 5. I hope that made sense.

    --
    You know you need a new housekeeper when: they keep looking nervously
    at the TV and asking if you're planning to watch America's Most Wanted.

+ Reply to Thread