thunderbird 1.5.0.4 won't open at all - Mozilla

This is a discussion on thunderbird 1.5.0.4 won't open at all - Mozilla ; I had heard that there was a new version of Thunderbird (and FireFox) (FireFox installed well, no problems) Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 will not open. I get no icon on the desktop. I have a shortcut on my taskbar which would not ...

  1. thunderbird 1.5.0.4 won't open at all

    I had heard that there was a new version of Thunderbird (and FireFox)
    (FireFox installed well, no problems)

    Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 will not open. I get no icon on the desktop.
    I have a shortcut on my taskbar which would not work.
    The Program icon in the Folder Programs\Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe
    does not work.

    I have reinstalled 1.0
    and it works.

    I have Windows XP
    I use Norton for protection (but got no warnings...)

    I had heard there are "vulnerabilities" in Thunderbird that have been
    corrected by the new version.

    I would like the new protection -

  2. Re: thunderbird 1.5.0.4 won't open at all

    Beth Leanza wrote, On 6/5/2006 6:27 AM:
    > I had heard that there was a new version of Thunderbird (and FireFox)
    > (FireFox installed well, no problems)
    >
    > Thunderbird 1.5.0.4 will not open. I get no icon on the desktop.
    > I have a shortcut on my taskbar which would not work.
    > The Program icon in the Folder Programs\Thunderbird \thunderbird.exe
    > does not work.
    >
    > I have reinstalled 1.0
    > and it works.
    >
    > I have Windows XP
    > I use Norton for protection (but got no warnings...)

    And there's your trouble: Norton.

    Unfortunately, Norton doesn't handle the TB (or FF for that matter)
    updates well at all and it won't give you any prompts about the updated
    program.

    You need to tell Norton that 1.5.0.4 is allowed. As soon as you do
    that, you'll be back in business.

+ Reply to Thread