delete email in imap account - Mozilla

This is a discussion on delete email in imap account - Mozilla ; Hello; I would like to delete email from an imap, but I am forced to restart Thunderbird to make effect. _____________________________ "email with a software that respects your personality"...

  1. delete email in imap account

    Hello;
    I would like to delete email from an imap, but I am forced to restart
    Thunderbird to make effect.
    _____________________________
    "email with a software that respects your personality"

  2. Re: delete email in imap account

    Hendasa wrote:
    > Hello;
    > I would like to delete email from an imap, but I am forced to restart
    > Thunderbird to make effect.
    > _____________________________
    > "email with a software that respects your personality"

    I use TB with an IMAP account. When I hit delete the message is marked
    as deleted (and displayed struck out). It is then purged from the server
    when I either exit TB or choose File -> Compact Folder (I added a
    "Compact" botton to the toolbar to make this more convenient, using an
    extension). So, all is working fine here on TB1.5.0.2, WinXP Pro.

    The behaviour is modified by going to Tools -> Account Settings and
    changing the Server Settings for the relevant account. You can choose to
    use a seleted items folder, to mark items as deleted to be purged later
    (this is what I use) or to be removed immediately. There are then
    further options to purge deleted items on exit etc.

    So, what /exactly/ is happening when you hit delete? Could it be that
    the deletion is working perfectly well but the folder is only purged
    when you quit TB?

  3. Re: delete email in imap account

    Problem solved, thanks for your assistance

    Ed Hazell a écrit :
    > Hendasa wrote:
    >> Hello;
    >> I would like to delete email from an imap, but I am forced to restart
    >> Thunderbird to make effect.
    >> _____________________________
    >> "email with a software that respects your personality"

    > I use TB with an IMAP account. When I hit delete the message is marked
    > as deleted (and displayed struck out). It is then purged from the server
    > when I either exit TB or choose File -> Compact Folder (I added a
    > "Compact" botton to the toolbar to make this more convenient, using an
    > extension). So, all is working fine here on TB1.5.0.2, WinXP Pro.
    >
    > The behaviour is modified by going to Tools -> Account Settings and
    > changing the Server Settings for the relevant account. You can choose to
    > use a seleted items folder, to mark items as deleted to be purged later
    > (this is what I use) or to be removed immediately. There are then
    > further options to purge deleted items on exit etc.
    >
    > So, what /exactly/ is happening when you hit delete? Could it be that
    > the deletion is working perfectly well but the folder is only purged
    > when you quit TB?

+ Reply to Thread