moving accounts in folder view - Mozilla

This is a discussion on moving accounts in folder view - Mozilla ; is there a way without an extension to move email accounts up or down in the folder view. i have several email accounts and one of them is below the news and blogs account and i would like to move ...

  1. moving accounts in folder view

    is there a way without an extension to move email accounts up or down in
    the folder view. i have several email accounts and one of them is below
    the news and blogs account and i would like to move it above the news
    and blogs....thanks

  2. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    On 4/24/2006 4:50 PM On a whim, jack pounded out on the keyboard

    > is there a way without an extension to move email accounts up or down in
    > the folder view. i have several email accounts and one of them is below
    > the news and blogs account and i would like to move it above the news
    > and blogs....thanks

    Hi Jack,

    I don't know why you object to using an extension. Folderpane Tools does
    the job nicely. Some times it's the only way to go.

    --
    Terry

  3. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    Terry wrote:
    > On 4/24/2006 4:50 PM On a whim, jack pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> is there a way without an extension to move email accounts up or down in
    >> the folder view. i have several email accounts and one of them is below
    >> the news and blogs account and i would like to move it above the news
    >> and blogs....thanks

    > Hi Jack,
    >
    > I don't know why you object to using an extension. Folderpane Tools does
    > the job nicely. Some times it's the only way to go.

    hi terry...i don't object to using an extension if thats the only
    choice...i do object to using extensions when the program does the same
    thing quite nicely...i read this newsgroup occasionally and see answers
    to questions with the use of extensions when the writers of the program
    put the commands right in front of our eyes to use...i don't get that!

  4. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    jack wrote:
    > Terry wrote:
    >> On 4/24/2006 4:50 PM On a whim, jack pounded out on the keyboard
    >>
    >>> is there a way without an extension to move email accounts up or down
    >>> in the folder view. i have several email accounts and one of them is
    >>> below the news and blogs account and i would like to move it above
    >>> the news and blogs....thanks

    >> Hi Jack,
    >>
    >> I don't know why you object to using an extension. Folderpane Tools
    >> does the job nicely. Some times it's the only way to go.
    >>

    > hi terry...i don't object to using an extension if thats the only
    > choice...i do object to using extensions when the program does the same
    > thing quite nicely...i read this newsgroup occasionally and see answers
    > to questions with the use of extensions when the writers of the program
    > put the commands right in front of our eyes to use...i don't get that!

    You could try the following:
    With TB closed Backup your profile.

    Then use Account Manager to remove New&Blogs; close FF; recreate
    New&Blogs and see if it doesn't change location in the folder view; your
    other settings for News&Blogs should be retained.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

  5. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > jack wrote:
    >> Terry wrote:
    >>> On 4/24/2006 4:50 PM On a whim, jack pounded out on the keyboard

    >>> Hi Jack,
    >>>
    >>> I don't know why you object to using an extension. Folderpane Tools
    >>> does the job nicely. Some times it's the only way to go.
    >>>

    >> hi terry...i don't object to using an extension if thats the only
    >> choice...i do object to using extensions when the program does the same
    >> thing quite nicely...i read this newsgroup occasionally and see answers
    >> to questions with the use of extensions when the writers of the program
    >> put the commands right in front of our eyes to use...i don't get that!

    > You could try the following:
    > With TB closed Backup your profile.
    >
    > Then use Account Manager to remove New&Blogs; close FF; recreate
    > New&Blogs and see if it doesn't change location in the folder view; your
    > other settings for News&Blogs should be retained.
    >
    > Irwin

    i did backup my profile with mozbackup and removed the news&blogs
    account, closed and reopened TB and recreated the news&blogs account but
    don't have any blogs left...how do i restore the blogs that i had?

  6. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    jack wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> jack wrote:

    >>> hi terry...i don't object to using an extension if thats the only
    >>> choice...i do object to using extensions when the program does the
    >>> same thing quite nicely...i read this newsgroup occasionally and see
    >>> answers to questions with the use of extensions when the writers of
    >>> the program put the commands right in front of our eyes to use...i
    >>> don't get that!

    >> You could try the following:
    >> With TB closed Backup your profile.
    >>
    >> Then use Account Manager to remove New&Blogs; close FF; recreate
    >> New&Blogs and see if it doesn't change location in the folder view;
    >> your other settings for News&Blogs should be retained.
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > i did backup my profile with mozbackup and removed the news&blogs
    > account, closed and reopened TB and recreated the news&blogs account but
    > don't have any blogs left...how do i restore the blogs that i had?

    From your backed up profile: copy *the contents of* your news&blogs
    folder over the contents of the same folder in your current profile.

    Irwin

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

  7. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > jack wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> You could try the following:
    >>> With TB closed Backup your profile.
    >>>
    >>> Then use Account Manager to remove New&Blogs; close FF; recreate
    >>> New&Blogs and see if it doesn't change location in the folder view;
    >>> your other settings for News&Blogs should be retained.
    >>>
    >>> Irwin
    >>>

    >> i did backup my profile with mozbackup and removed the news&blogs
    >> account, closed and reopened TB and recreated the news&blogs account but
    >> don't have any blogs left...how do i restore the blogs that i had?

    > From your backed up profile: copy *the contents of* your news&blogs
    > folder over the contents of the same folder in your current profile.
    >
    > Irwin

    Thanks...*Worked perfectly* on TB 1.5.0,2...and without an extension...

  8. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    On 4/26/2006 3:13 PM On a whim, jack pounded out on the keyboard

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> jack wrote:

    >>> i did backup my profile with mozbackup and removed the news&blogs
    >>> account, closed and reopened TB and recreated the news&blogs account but
    >>> don't have any blogs left...how do i restore the blogs that i had?

    >> From your backed up profile: copy *the contents of* your news&blogs
    >> folder over the contents of the same folder in your current profile.
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > Thanks...*Worked perfectly* on TB 1.5.0,2...and without an extension...

    Well, you really didn't do what you asked. You wanted to "move email
    accounts". What you did was re-arrange the news&blogs. The extension
    would be far quicker that the process you went through. But I'm glad
    you achieved what you wanted.

    --
    Terry

  9. Re: moving accounts in folder view

    jack wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> jack wrote:

    >>> i did backup my profile with mozbackup and removed the news&blogs
    >>> account, closed and reopened TB and recreated the news&blogs account
    >>> but don't have any blogs left...how do i restore the blogs that i had?

    >> From your backed up profile: copy *the contents of* your news&blogs
    >> folder over the contents of the same folder in your current profile.
    >>
    >> Irwin
    >>

    > Thanks...*Worked perfectly* on TB 1.5.0,2...and without an extension...

    Glad it worked! But if you need to add another mail account in the
    future, you will have to go thru the same process. Extensions can be
    useful.