Junk is not sent to Junk folder - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Junk is not sent to Junk folder - Mozilla ; I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts, Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk folder. In ...

  1. Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than a
    month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but it
    doesn't. Anything I can do?

    Thanks.
    Eva

  2. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Eva wrote:
    > I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than a
    > month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    > Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    > folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    > controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    > folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but it
    > doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Eva

    For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  3. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Eva wrote:
    >> I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than
    >> a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    >> Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    >> folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    >> controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    >> folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but it
    >> doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> Eva

    > For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    > sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.

    Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put it
    in the junk folder.

    Eva

  4. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    On 4/19/2006 2:07 PM On a whim, Eva pounded out on the keyboard

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Eva wrote:
    >>> I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than
    >>> a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    >>> Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    >>> folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    >>> controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    >>> folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but it
    >>> doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Eva

    >> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    >> sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>

    > Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    > enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put it
    > in the junk folder.
    >
    > Eva

    Hi Eva,

    Have you checked in Tools, Junk Mail Controls to see if the account in
    question has the "Handling" section directing to the proper location and
    that "Move incoming messages...." is checked?

    --
    Terry

  5. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Terry wrote:
    > On 4/19/2006 2:07 PM On a whim, Eva pounded out on the keyboard
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab
    >>> make sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put
    >> it in the junk folder.
    >>
    >> Eva

    > Hi Eva,
    >
    > Have you checked in Tools, Junk Mail Controls to see if the account in
    > question has the "Handling" section directing to the proper location
    > and that "Move incoming messages...." is checked?

    Yes, that's correctly checked.
    Eva

  6. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Eva wrote:
    > Terry wrote:

    >>> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >>> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to
    >>> put it in the junk folder.
    >>>
    >>> Eva

    >> Hi Eva,
    >>
    >> Have you checked in Tools, Junk Mail Controls to see if the account
    >> in question has the "Handling" section directing to the proper
    >> location and that "Move incoming messages...." is checked?
    >>

    > Yes, that's correctly checked.
    > Eva

    Ensure that the folder to which you want the Junk messages to be moved
    to is correctly set

  7. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Eva wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Eva wrote:
    >>> I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than
    >>> a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    >>> Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    >>> folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    >>> controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    >>> folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but
    >>> it doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Eva

    >> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    >> sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>

    > Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    > enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put it
    > in the junk folder.
    >
    > Eva

    The setup on my laptop works that way. Does recognize the junk, doesn't
    move it. Everything is configured correctly, it just doesn't move until
    I tell it manually to move... Strange.

  8. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    On 20-04-2006 10:30 CET, Ron Hunter composed this enchanting statement:
    > Eva wrote:
    >>
    >> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put
    >> it in the junk folder.

    > The setup on my laptop works that way. Does recognize the junk,
    > doesn't move it. Everything is configured correctly, it just doesn't
    > move until I tell it manually to move... Strange.

    Where are your Junk folder located exactly?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  9. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Eva composed at the keyboard on 4/19/2006 2:07 PM:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Eva wrote:
    >>> I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than
    >>> a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    >>> Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    >>> folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    >>> controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    >>> folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but
    >>> it doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Eva

    >> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    >> sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>

    > Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    > enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put it
    > in the junk folder.
    >
    > Eva

    I notice that my junk mail controls move junk mail to the junk mail
    folder in all but my webmail account. Is it possible that the offending
    mail account is a webmail account?

    --Rich

  10. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    RichDR71 wrote:
    > Eva composed at the keyboard on 4/19/2006 2:07 PM:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab
    >>> make sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put
    >> it in the junk folder.
    >>
    >> Eva

    > I notice that my junk mail controls move junk mail to the junk mail
    > folder in all but my webmail account. Is it possible that the offending
    > mail account is a webmail account?
    >
    > --Rich

    The offending mail account is not a webmail account.
    The junk folder to which the junk should be going is in the same
    account. I checked tools/junk mail controls and it set to go to that
    account. The list of folders in that account is: inbox, drafts,
    templates, sent, junk, trash.

    Eva

  11. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Eva wrote:
    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >> Eva wrote:
    >>> I have been training Thunderbird to recognize spam/junk for more than
    >>> a month. It finds about 1/3 to 1/2. In one of my email accounts,
    >>> Thunderbird puts the junk it finds and labels as such into the junk
    >>> folder. In my second account, which I have set up with the same junk
    >>> controls, the emails that are labeled junk are not sent to the junk
    >>> folder. I move them manually, hoping Thunderbird will catch on, but
    >>> it doesn't. Anything I can do?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>> Eva

    >> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab make
    >> sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>

    > Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    > enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put it
    > in the junk folder.
    >
    > Eva

    Goto Tools -> Junk Mail Controls and make sure you have selected the
    correct account in "Configure Junk Settings for:". I got this problem
    once, it was cause I had enabled that option for only one account and
    not for others.

  12. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Aqeel Zafar wrote:
    > Eva wrote:
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> For the account that is not working, on the "Adaptive Filter" tab
    >>> make sure that "enable junk mail detection" is checked.
    >>>

    >> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to put
    >> it in the junk folder.
    >>
    >> Eva

    > Goto Tools -> Junk Mail Controls and make sure you have selected the
    > correct account in "Configure Junk Settings for:". I got this problem
    > once, it was cause I had enabled that option for only one account and
    > not for others.

    Thanks for the reminder, but I have enabled the options for my 3 accounts.

    Eva

  13. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    On 20-04-2006 19:06 CET, Eva composed this enchanting statement:
    > RichDR71 wrote:
    >> Eva composed at the keyboard on 4/19/2006 2:07 PM:
    >>> Thanks for the suggestion. Enable junk mail detection was and is
    >>> enabled. The account does detect some junk mail, it just fails to
    >>> put it in the junk folder.

    >> I notice that my junk mail controls move junk mail to the junk mail
    >> folder in all but my webmail account. Is it possible that the
    >> offending mail account is a webmail account?

    > The offending mail account is not a webmail account.
    > The junk folder to which the junk should be going is in the same
    > account. I checked tools/junk mail controls and it set to go to that
    > account. The list of folders in that account is: inbox, drafts,
    > templates, sent, junk, trash.

    That position of the Junk folder is fine.
    JMC should work, provided that you controls are all set:
    - adaptive filter enabled for the account in question,
    - a move instruction for messages not passing the good/bad probability test.
    (Assuming you gave JMC the proper training, assigning messages arriving
    in the Inbox as either Junk or non-Junk, building and maintaining a
    so-called 'training.dat' file in your active profile.)

    Have you enabled the logging of the junk detection for the account?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  14. Re: Junk is not sent to Junk folder

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 20-04-2006 19:06 CET, Eva composed this enchanting statement:
    >> RichDR71 wrote:
    >>> Eva composed at the keyboard on 4/19/2006 2:07 PM:
    >>> I notice that my junk mail controls move junk mail to the junk mail
    >>> folder in all but my webmail account. Is it possible that the
    >>> offending mail account is a webmail account?

    >> The offending mail account is not a webmail account.
    >> The junk folder to which the junk should be going is in the same
    >> account. I checked tools/junk mail controls and it set to go to that
    >> account. The list of folders in that account is: inbox, drafts,
    >> templates, sent, junk, trash.

    > That position of the Junk folder is fine.
    > JMC should work, provided that you controls are all set:
    > - adaptive filter enabled for the account in question,
    > - a move instruction for messages not passing the good/bad probability
    > test.
    > (Assuming you gave JMC the proper training, assigning messages arriving
    > in the Inbox as either Junk or non-Junk, building and maintaining a
    > so-called 'training.dat' file in your active profile.)
    >
    > Have you enabled the logging of the junk detection for the account?

    No, I hadn't done that. I have now.
    Thanks.
    Eva

+ Reply to Thread