Filters Failing? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Filters Failing? - Mozilla ; I have a filter on my inbox that is supposed to move files having one of two possible phrases to the trash folder, and another filter -- located further down the list of filters -- that moves messages with a ...

  1. Filters Failing?

    I have a filter on my inbox that is supposed to move files having one of two possible phrases to the trash folder, and another filter -- located further down the list of filters -- that moves messages with a particular phrase in the Subject line into an inbox subfolder. That phrase is also found in the files that are to be sent to Trash.

    The "Trash" filter is not working and I have no idea why not. Any suggestions?

    Thanks.
    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool." - Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

  2. Re: Filters Failing?

    Pete Holsberg wrote:
    > I have a filter on my inbox that is supposed to move files having one of
    > two possible phrases to the trash folder, and another filter -- located
    > further down the list of filters -- that moves messages with a
    > particular phrase in the Subject line into an inbox subfolder. That
    > phrase is also found in the files that are to be sent to Trash.
    >
    > The "Trash" filter is not working and I have no idea why not. Any
    > suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Make sure you have "Match ANY of the following" checked on your first
    filter.

    --
    Irwin Greenwald - Mozilla Champion
    *Technical messages sent to my email address will be ignored*

    About Profiles -

  3. Re: Filters Failing?

    Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> I have a filter on my inbox that is supposed to move files having one of
    >> two possible phrases to the trash folder, and another filter -- located
    >> further down the list of filters -- that moves messages with a
    >> particular phrase in the Subject line into an inbox subfolder. That
    >> phrase is also found in the files that are to be sent to Trash.
    >>
    >> The "Trash" filter is not working and I have no idea why not. Any
    >> suggestions?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>

    > Make sure you have "Match ANY of the following" checked on your first
    > filter.

    I do. Thanks.

  4. Re: Filters Failing?

    Pete Holsberg wrote:

    > Irwin Greenwald wrote:
    >
    >>Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have a filter on my inbox that is supposed to move files having one of
    >>>two possible phrases to the trash folder, and another filter -- located
    >>>further down the list of filters -- that moves messages with a
    >>>particular phrase in the Subject line into an inbox subfolder. That
    >>>phrase is also found in the files that are to be sent to Trash.
    >>>
    >>>The "Trash" filter is not working and I have no idea why not. Any
    >>>suggestions?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>Make sure you have "Match ANY of the following" checked on your first
    >>filter.

    > I do. Thanks.

    don't use IS. Just try CONTAINS instead. I've never had any luck
    with that is.

    --
    Want to download the entire internet? Well believe it or not, you can
    and you can do it from here: http://www.w3schools.com/downloadwww.htm.

  5. Re: Filters Failing?

    gwtc wrote:
    > Pete Holsberg wrote:
    >
    >> Irwin Greenwald wrote:

    >>> Make sure you have "Match ANY of the following" checked on your first
    >>> filter.

    >> I do. Thanks.

    > don't use IS. Just try CONTAINS instead. I've never had any luck
    > with that is.

    I don't use "is". I *do* use "contains".

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool." - Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

  6. Re: Filters Failing?

    On 20-04-2006 15:12 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting statement:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Pete Holsberg wrote:

    >>> I do. Thanks.

    >> don't use IS. Just try CONTAINS instead. I've never had any luck
    >> with that is.

    > I don't use "is". I *do* use "contains".

    Any special character, such as a period, in the data string specified?

    --
    Kind regards,

    Melchert

    MacOS 10.3.9/Firefox 1.5/Thunderbird 1.5

  7. Re: Filters Failing?

    Melchert Fruitema wrote:
    > On 20-04-2006 15:12 CET, Pete Holsberg composed this enchanting statement:
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> don't use IS. Just try CONTAINS instead. I've never had any luck
    >>> with that is.

    >> I don't use "is". I *do* use "contains".

    > Any special character, such as a period, in the data string specified?

    Nope. I copies and pasted from the emails I wanted to filter. But I think I'll go back and retype, just in case.

    --
    Pete Holsberg
    Columbus, NJ

    "Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a peeing area in a pool." - Thomas Pfeffer, American Heart Association

+ Reply to Thread