Desired feature requests? - Mozilla

This is a discussion on Desired feature requests? - Mozilla ; Can anybody tell me which group on the new.mozilla.org server is for posting desired feature requests for Thunderbird? In case you're curious, I would like to have the ability to filter newsgroup messages based on *any* message header if such ...

  1. Desired feature requests?

    Can anybody tell me which group on the new.mozilla.org server is for
    posting desired feature requests for Thunderbird?

    In case you're curious, I would like to have the ability to filter
    newsgroup messages based on *any* message header if such a thing is
    possible. This is because I've noticed that all spam originating from
    Google.groups has a line that says:

    Ironically, abuse complaints sent to that address get an automatic reply
    from Google saying that they don't deal with usenet spam abuse complaints.

    If I could filter out all messages with that header, I and others could
    avoid tons of spam and Google would eventually maybe "see the light".

    Unlimited filtering of messages is a major weapon against spam. It would
    be nice if Thunderbird (or one of its extensions) could do this.

    Yes, I know I can simply install and use another news reader, but I like
    Thunderbird's interface and would like to continue using it.

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

  2. Re: Desired feature requests?

    John Corliss wrote:
    > Can anybody tell me which group on the new.mozilla.org server is for
    > posting desired feature requests for Thunderbird?

    mozilla.wishlist

    > In case you're curious, I would like to have the ability to filter
    > newsgroup messages based on *any* message header if such a thing is
    > possible.

    http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=178397
    http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=178398

  3. Re: Desired feature requests?

    Mike Cowperthwaite wrote:
    > John Corliss wrote:
    >> Can anybody tell me which group on the new.mozilla.org server is for
    >> posting desired feature requests for Thunderbird?

    > mozilla.wishlist

    Thanks. I kind of thought that was the one, but wasn't sure since it has
    "mozilla" in the name, but no reference to Thunderbird. I know how the
    two are related from a development standpoint, but just wanted to be sure.

    >> In case you're curious, I would like to have the ability to filter
    >> newsgroup messages based on *any* message header if such a thing is
    >> possible.

    > http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=178397
    > http://mozillanews.org/bugzilla_warning.php3?id=178398

    GREAT! It's good to know that there are others who want this capability.

    Mike, thanks very much for your very helpful reply. Have a great day!

    --
    Regards from John Corliss

+ Reply to Thread